Jan 19, 2013, 6:12 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers took part in an engaging matchup on Saturday, but relatively speaking, you couldn’t throw around the term “battle.” The two teams were borderline civil as the Penguins won 3-1 thanks to an empty-netter at the end.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- Marc-Andre Fleury set a record for Pittsburgh Penguins goalie wins with No. 227. Is he already the best netminder in team history, or do you give the edge to Tom barrasso/someone else?
- Ilya Bryzgalov and Fleury both looked more like goalies than sieves on Saturday. Is that a sign that each guy could live up to their pay checks this season?
- Evgeni Malkin had an assist, Claude Giroux scored a goal and Sidney Crosby was held without a point. So, which player ends up with the most and which one scores the least?
- These two teams combined for just 16 penalty minutes today. Huh?
- Considering the condensed schedule and the fact that this was a divisional matchup, could we look back at this win as a pretty significant one for the Penguins?
- Jakub Voracek fired six shots on goals in the game but failed to find the net. Can he justify the Flyers big investment in him?
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54