Jan 19, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers took part in an engaging matchup on Saturday, but relatively speaking, you couldn’t throw around the term “battle.” The two teams were borderline civil as the Penguins won 3-1 thanks to an empty-netter at the end.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- Marc-Andre Fleury set a record for Pittsburgh Penguins goalie wins with No. 227. Is he already the best netminder in team history, or do you give the edge to Tom barrasso/someone else?
- Ilya Bryzgalov and Fleury both looked more like goalies than sieves on Saturday. Is that a sign that each guy could live up to their pay checks this season?
- Evgeni Malkin had an assist, Claude Giroux scored a goal and Sidney Crosby was held without a point. So, which player ends up with the most and which one scores the least?
- These two teams combined for just 16 penalty minutes today. Huh?
- Considering the condensed schedule and the fact that this was a divisional matchup, could we look back at this win as a pretty significant one for the Penguins?
- Jakub Voracek fired six shots on goals in the game but failed to find the net. Can he justify the Flyers big investment in him?
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38