Jan 19, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
The battle to see who would start in goal for the Columbus Blue Jackets at least has a winner for opening night.
Columbus acquired Bobrovsky over the summer from the Flyers for draft picks. The Jackets needed to improve in goal and the young Russian provided the upgrade they were looking for. If he can provide stability in net, something he showed he has a little bit of from his time in Philly, Columbus will be more than pleased.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50