Jan 19, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
The battle to see who would start in goal for the Columbus Blue Jackets at least has a winner for opening night.
Columbus acquired Bobrovsky over the summer from the Flyers for draft picks. The Jackets needed to improve in goal and the young Russian provided the upgrade they were looking for. If he can provide stability in net, something he showed he has a little bit of from his time in Philly, Columbus will be more than pleased.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 9
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15