Jan 19, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
The battle to see who would start in goal for the Columbus Blue Jackets at least has a winner for opening night.
Columbus acquired Bobrovsky over the summer from the Flyers for draft picks. The Jackets needed to improve in goal and the young Russian provided the upgrade they were looking for. If he can provide stability in net, something he showed he has a little bit of from his time in Philly, Columbus will be more than pleased.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1