Jan 19, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
The battle to see who would start in goal for the Columbus Blue Jackets at least has a winner for opening night.
Columbus acquired Bobrovsky over the summer from the Flyers for draft picks. The Jackets needed to improve in goal and the young Russian provided the upgrade they were looking for. If he can provide stability in net, something he showed he has a little bit of from his time in Philly, Columbus will be more than pleased.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15