Jan 19, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
The battle to see who would start in goal for the Columbus Blue Jackets at least has a winner for opening night.
Columbus acquired Bobrovsky over the summer from the Flyers for draft picks. The Jackets needed to improve in goal and the young Russian provided the upgrade they were looking for. If he can provide stability in net, something he showed he has a little bit of from his time in Philly, Columbus will be more than pleased.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8