Jan 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Crimson look to pull another surprise on NBCSN, this time against an ancient rival in Yale.
No. 12 Yale Bulldogs (9-4-3) vs. Harvard Crimson (5-8-1)
When last we saw Harvard, they were busy coming back from a 5-2 deficit against Boston University to take them down in overtime, 6-5. Now that they’re back into the ECAC schedule where the points are crucial, their high from beating BU went away fast after losing to Dartmouth. Harvard is 1-6-1 in their last eight.
Keith Allain’s Yale club isn’t quite the run-and-gun show we’ve seen in the past, but instead have found a nice balance of offense and defense. In the past, goaltending has hurt them but senior Jeff Malcolm has been steady leading the Bulldogs to a 3-1-2 record in their last six. That loss was a stunning 5-4 decision to Holy Cross in which they were down 5-2 at one point.
NHL prospects to watch
For Yale, the big one to keep an eye on is the team’s leading scorer, junior forward Kenny Agostino. The Penguins prospect has 9 goals and 12 assists on the year and he’s just one goal behind undrafted senior Antoine Laganiere. Others to watch: Gus Young (JR – D – Colorado), Rob O’Gara (FR – D – Boston)
The Crimson’s Alex Fallstrom (SR – F – Boston) now leads the team in points with 10. Team USA WJC gold medalist Jimmy Vesey (FR – F – Nashville) is one guy who can help spark the offense now that he’s back. Undrafted sophomore forward Tommy O’Regan showed he’s got some jump against BU.
Others: Colin Blackwell (SO – F – San Jose), Brian Hart (FR – F – Tampa Bay), Danny Biega (SR – D – Carolina), Patrick McNally (SO – D – Vancouver), Petr Placek (SO – F – Philadelphia)
(Photo: Yale Daily News)
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)