Jan 18, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
The Florida Panthers appear to have re-signed restricted free agent Dmitry Kulikov pending a full medical and the Dallas Stars have reportedly offered $5.5 million annually to Jamie Benn — but what about Colorado’s Ryan O’Reilly and Montreal’s P.K. Subban?
With the start of the regular season fast approaching, O’Reilly and Subban are still unsigned and the negotiations with the clubs that control their rights as restricted free agents are “going nowhere fast,” according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
The Post also reported that O’Reilly has already rejected a five-year, $17 million offer from the Colorado Avalanche and is looking for about $5 million a season.
Both players are coming off of their entry-level contracts and have become key players on their squads. Subban had 36 points and 119 penalty minutes in 81 games last season with the Montreal Canadiens last season while O’Reilly broke out with a 55-point campaign.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)