Jan 18, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
The Florida Panthers appear to have re-signed restricted free agent Dmitry Kulikov pending a full medical and the Dallas Stars have reportedly offered $5.5 million annually to Jamie Benn — but what about Colorado’s Ryan O’Reilly and Montreal’s P.K. Subban?
With the start of the regular season fast approaching, O’Reilly and Subban are still unsigned and the negotiations with the clubs that control their rights as restricted free agents are “going nowhere fast,” according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
The Post also reported that O’Reilly has already rejected a five-year, $17 million offer from the Colorado Avalanche and is looking for about $5 million a season.
Both players are coming off of their entry-level contracts and have become key players on their squads. Subban had 36 points and 119 penalty minutes in 81 games last season with the Montreal Canadiens last season while O’Reilly broke out with a 55-point campaign.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 9
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 14
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)