Jan 18, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks have agreed to contract extensions with former first-round selections Nick Petrecki and James Sheppard.
Sheppard, 24, signed a one-year, two-way deal worth $825,000. Taken ninth overall by Minnesota at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Sheppard appeared in 224 games with the Wild before being flipped to San Jose in August 2011.
Sheppard has yet to appear for the Sharks, spending all his time with AHL Worcester.
Petrecki, 23, also signed a one-year, two-way deal (worth $650,00). The 6-foot-3, 230-pound defenseman was taken by San Jose in the first round of the 2007 NHL Draft — 28th overall — but has yet to make his NHL debut.
He’s spent the last four seasons in Worcester and in 2012 won the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award, given to the AHL man of the year for service in his local community.
(Image courtesy SharksAHL.com)
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11