Jan 18, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks have agreed to contract extensions with former first-round selections Nick Petrecki and James Sheppard.
Sheppard, 24, signed a one-year, two-way deal worth $825,000. Taken ninth overall by Minnesota at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Sheppard appeared in 224 games with the Wild before being flipped to San Jose in August 2011.
Sheppard has yet to appear for the Sharks, spending all his time with AHL Worcester.
Petrecki, 23, also signed a one-year, two-way deal (worth $650,00). The 6-foot-3, 230-pound defenseman was taken by San Jose in the first round of the 2007 NHL Draft — 28th overall — but has yet to make his NHL debut.
He’s spent the last four seasons in Worcester and in 2012 won the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award, given to the AHL man of the year for service in his local community.
(Image courtesy SharksAHL.com)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 132
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (135)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)