Jan 18, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks have agreed to contract extensions with former first-round selections Nick Petrecki and James Sheppard.
Sheppard, 24, signed a one-year, two-way deal worth $825,000. Taken ninth overall by Minnesota at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Sheppard appeared in 224 games with the Wild before being flipped to San Jose in August 2011.
Sheppard has yet to appear for the Sharks, spending all his time with AHL Worcester.
Petrecki, 23, also signed a one-year, two-way deal (worth $650,00). The 6-foot-3, 230-pound defenseman was taken by San Jose in the first round of the 2007 NHL Draft — 28th overall — but has yet to make his NHL debut.
He’s spent the last four seasons in Worcester and in 2012 won the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award, given to the AHL man of the year for service in his local community.
(Image courtesy SharksAHL.com)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)