Jan 18, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks have agreed to contract extensions with former first-round selections Nick Petrecki and James Sheppard.
Sheppard, 24, signed a one-year, two-way deal worth $825,000. Taken ninth overall by Minnesota at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Sheppard appeared in 224 games with the Wild before being flipped to San Jose in August 2011.
Sheppard has yet to appear for the Sharks, spending all his time with AHL Worcester.
Petrecki, 23, also signed a one-year, two-way deal (worth $650,00). The 6-foot-3, 230-pound defenseman was taken by San Jose in the first round of the 2007 NHL Draft — 28th overall — but has yet to make his NHL debut.
He’s spent the last four seasons in Worcester and in 2012 won the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award, given to the AHL man of the year for service in his local community.
(Image courtesy SharksAHL.com)
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17