Jan 18, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Galchenyuk was drafted third overall last summer. The 18-year-old forward that helped the United States win gold in the 2013 World Junior Championships already has 61 points in 33 games for OHL Sarnia this season.
The Canadiens will have to decide after five games if they want to keep Galchenyuk and use up a year of his entry-level contract or send him back to junior.
Gallagher, 20, spent the NHL lockout with AHL Hamilton where he scored 10 goals and 10 assists in 36 games. The small-but-feisty forward was the Habs’ fifth-round pick in 2010.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)