Jan 18, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Galchenyuk was drafted third overall last summer. The 18-year-old forward that helped the United States win gold in the 2013 World Junior Championships already has 61 points in 33 games for OHL Sarnia this season.
The Canadiens will have to decide after five games if they want to keep Galchenyuk and use up a year of his entry-level contract or send him back to junior.
Gallagher, 20, spent the NHL lockout with AHL Hamilton where he scored 10 goals and 10 assists in 36 games. The small-but-feisty forward was the Habs’ fifth-round pick in 2010.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39