Jan 18, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Galchenyuk was drafted third overall last summer. The 18-year-old forward that helped the United States win gold in the 2013 World Junior Championships already has 61 points in 33 games for OHL Sarnia this season.
The Canadiens will have to decide after five games if they want to keep Galchenyuk and use up a year of his entry-level contract or send him back to junior.
Gallagher, 20, spent the NHL lockout with AHL Hamilton where he scored 10 goals and 10 assists in 36 games. The small-but-feisty forward was the Habs’ fifth-round pick in 2010.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5