Jan 18, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Galchenyuk was drafted third overall last summer. The 18-year-old forward that helped the United States win gold in the 2013 World Junior Championships already has 61 points in 33 games for OHL Sarnia this season.
The Canadiens will have to decide after five games if they want to keep Galchenyuk and use up a year of his entry-level contract or send him back to junior.
Gallagher, 20, spent the NHL lockout with AHL Hamilton where he scored 10 goals and 10 assists in 36 games. The small-but-feisty forward was the Habs’ fifth-round pick in 2010.
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 6
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 8
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 101
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 128
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (107)