Jan 18, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Galchenyuk was drafted third overall last summer. The 18-year-old forward that helped the United States win gold in the 2013 World Junior Championships already has 61 points in 33 games for OHL Sarnia this season.
The Canadiens will have to decide after five games if they want to keep Galchenyuk and use up a year of his entry-level contract or send him back to junior.
Gallagher, 20, spent the NHL lockout with AHL Hamilton where he scored 10 goals and 10 assists in 36 games. The small-but-feisty forward was the Habs’ fifth-round pick in 2010.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)