Jan 18, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Today, we learn it’s a $5 million contract, rendering a cap hit of $2.5 million.
Kulikov, 22, had 28 points (4 G, 24 A) in 58 games last season while logging almost 22 minutes per contest.
Those numbers, by the way, are in the neighborhood of the ones produced by Montreal’s still unsigned 23-year-old defenseman PK Subban.
In 2011-12, Subban had 36 points in 81 games.
Michael Del Zotto‘s new two-year, $5.1 million contract is another comparable. The 22-year-old d-man had 41 points in 71 games last season for the Rangers.
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 6
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)