Jan 18, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
Today, we learn it’s a $5 million contract, rendering a cap hit of $2.5 million.
Kulikov, 22, had 28 points (4 G, 24 A) in 58 games last season while logging almost 22 minutes per contest.
Those numbers, by the way, are in the neighborhood of the ones produced by Montreal’s still unsigned 23-year-old defenseman PK Subban.
In 2011-12, Subban had 36 points in 81 games.
Michael Del Zotto‘s new two-year, $5.1 million contract is another comparable. The 22-year-old d-man had 41 points in 71 games last season for the Rangers.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)