Jan 18, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Today, we learn it’s a $5 million contract, rendering a cap hit of $2.5 million.
Kulikov, 22, had 28 points (4 G, 24 A) in 58 games last season while logging almost 22 minutes per contest.
Those numbers, by the way, are in the neighborhood of the ones produced by Montreal’s still unsigned 23-year-old defenseman PK Subban.
In 2011-12, Subban had 36 points in 81 games.
Michael Del Zotto‘s new two-year, $5.1 million contract is another comparable. The 22-year-old d-man had 41 points in 71 games last season for the Rangers.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7