Jan 18, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Today, we learn it’s a $5 million contract, rendering a cap hit of $2.5 million.
Kulikov, 22, had 28 points (4 G, 24 A) in 58 games last season while logging almost 22 minutes per contest.
Those numbers, by the way, are in the neighborhood of the ones produced by Montreal’s still unsigned 23-year-old defenseman PK Subban.
In 2011-12, Subban had 36 points in 81 games.
Michael Del Zotto‘s new two-year, $5.1 million contract is another comparable. The 22-year-old d-man had 41 points in 71 games last season for the Rangers.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)