Jan 17, 2013, 3:28 PM EST
Ravaged by concussion issues over the last three seasons, Pierre-Marc Bouchard is ready to return to action.
The Minnesota Wild activated Bouchard from injured reserve on Thursday, suggesting he’ll be in the lineup and ready to play on Saturday when the Wild host Colorado.
Bouchard, 28, missed the final 41 games of last year due to a concussion suffered on this hit from Winnipeg’s Zach Bogosian:
It was the latest in a long line of concussion issues for Bouchard, who missed 112 of 113 games over a span from March 2009 to December 2010.
Last month, Bouchard resumed practicing with AHL Houston and told Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune he’d been “pretty much symptom free” for a few weeks.
A gifted offensive player — despite all the injuries, he’s racked up 60 points in his last 96 games — Bouchard will add some punch to a Minnesota lineup that looks to have far more scoring depth than a year ago.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)