Jan 17, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
The NHL season will finally begin on Saturday and NBC will be there with NHL Live at 3:00 p.m. ET and Kings’ banner raising followed by regional coverage of Los Angeles versus Chicago (puck drop at 3:25 p.m. ET) and Pittsburgh versus Philadelphia (3:35 p.m. ET).
Both should be great contests as the Kings look to get off to a strong start following their Stanley Cup-winning run while the Penguins and Flyers write the latest chapter of their fierce rivalry.
Watch PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough preview those contests as we get ready for what promises to be an eventful weekend:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)