Jan 17, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have claimed center Keith Aucoin off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Aucoin, 34, has played 102 games in the NHL and tallied an unremarkable 37 points. But the undersized and undrafted Massachusetts native has been a scoring machine in the AHL, racking up 814 points in 707 games. That total includes 40 points in 34 games this season with the Marlies.
For curious Isles fans, the National Post published a profile of Aucoin yesterday when he still had a future with the Leafs.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 74
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)