Jan 17, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have claimed center Keith Aucoin off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Aucoin, 34, has played 102 games in the NHL and tallied an unremarkable 37 points. But the undersized and undrafted Massachusetts native has been a scoring machine in the AHL, racking up 814 points in 707 games. That total includes 40 points in 34 games this season with the Marlies.
For curious Isles fans, the National Post published a profile of Aucoin yesterday when he still had a future with the Leafs.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8