Jan 17, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have claimed center Keith Aucoin off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Aucoin, 34, has played 102 games in the NHL and tallied an unremarkable 37 points. But the undersized and undrafted Massachusetts native has been a scoring machine in the AHL, racking up 814 points in 707 games. That total includes 40 points in 34 games this season with the Marlies.
For curious Isles fans, the National Post published a profile of Aucoin yesterday when he still had a future with the Leafs.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 2
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 22
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)