Jan 17, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
The New York Islanders have claimed center Keith Aucoin off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Aucoin, 34, has played 102 games in the NHL and tallied an unremarkable 37 points. But the undersized and undrafted Massachusetts native has been a scoring machine in the AHL, racking up 814 points in 707 games. That total includes 40 points in 34 games this season with the Marlies.
For curious Isles fans, the National Post published a profile of Aucoin yesterday when he still had a future with the Leafs.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 132
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)