Jan 17, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have claimed center Keith Aucoin off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Aucoin, 34, has played 102 games in the NHL and tallied an unremarkable 37 points. But the undersized and undrafted Massachusetts native has been a scoring machine in the AHL, racking up 814 points in 707 games. That total includes 40 points in 34 games this season with the Marlies.
For curious Isles fans, the National Post published a profile of Aucoin yesterday when he still had a future with the Leafs.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)