Jan 17, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Anaheim has signed a trio of veteran NHLers prior to Saturday’s season-opening game in Vancouver.
Defenseman Ryan Parent and wingers Troy Bodie and Jay Rosehill were all signed to one-year, two-way deals on Wednesday, the club announced.
Bodie, 27, has the most experience of the group having appeared in over 100 NHL contests — though he hasn’t played in the bigs since the 2010-11 season, when he suited up for 50 games with the Carolina Hurricanes. He spent last year playing with Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Syracuse (which has since moved to Norfolk.)
Parent, 25, is a former first-round pick (18th overall, 2005) that has bounced from the Flyers to the Predators to the Canucks organizations over the last three years. Like Bodie, he too hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010-11, spending last season with the Canucks’ AHL affiliate in Chicago.
Rosehill, 27, split last season between the Maple Leafs and the AHL Marlies. He appeared in 31 games with the Leafs, racking up 60 PIM and six fighting majors, including one for this tilt against Boston’s Shawn Thornton:
Of the three signings, Rosehill’s probably the most interesting.
Anaheim’s made a major push to get bigger and tougher this season — in July, the Ducks pair of large-bodied defensemen in Bryan Allen (6-foot-5, 226 pounds) and Sheldon Souray (6-foot-4, 233 pounds) and brought aboard more beef in the form of LW Patrick Maroon (6-4, 225), D Matt Smaby (6-6, 239) and RW Brad Staubitz (30 fights over the last two seasons).
On Tuesday, the team signed enforcer Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond to a two-way deal.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)