Jan 17, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Anaheim has signed a trio of veteran NHLers prior to Saturday’s season-opening game in Vancouver.
Defenseman Ryan Parent and wingers Troy Bodie and Jay Rosehill were all signed to one-year, two-way deals on Wednesday, the club announced.
Bodie, 27, has the most experience of the group having appeared in over 100 NHL contests — though he hasn’t played in the bigs since the 2010-11 season, when he suited up for 50 games with the Carolina Hurricanes. He spent last year playing with Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Syracuse (which has since moved to Norfolk.)
Parent, 25, is a former first-round pick (18th overall, 2005) that has bounced from the Flyers to the Predators to the Canucks organizations over the last three years. Like Bodie, he too hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010-11, spending last season with the Canucks’ AHL affiliate in Chicago.
Rosehill, 27, split last season between the Maple Leafs and the AHL Marlies. He appeared in 31 games with the Leafs, racking up 60 PIM and six fighting majors, including one for this tilt against Boston’s Shawn Thornton:
Of the three signings, Rosehill’s probably the most interesting.
Anaheim’s made a major push to get bigger and tougher this season — in July, the Ducks pair of large-bodied defensemen in Bryan Allen (6-foot-5, 226 pounds) and Sheldon Souray (6-foot-4, 233 pounds) and brought aboard more beef in the form of LW Patrick Maroon (6-4, 225), D Matt Smaby (6-6, 239) and RW Brad Staubitz (30 fights over the last two seasons).
On Tuesday, the team signed enforcer Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond to a two-way deal.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)