Jan 17, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
The AHL’s reigning MVP and rookie of the year is about to get his shot in the NHL.
Conacher, 23, is an undersized, undrafted forward that piled up 80 points in 75 games last season with the Norfolk Admirals.
He started the 2012-13 season where he left off, with 28 points in 36 games for the Lightning’s new AHL affiliate in Syracuse.
“We feel he has done a lot in the American League already …and if you look at his year and half, he has continued to improve,” Lightning coach Guy Boucher said. “I like his grit, I like his relentlessness and I always have, so he deserves it.”
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15