Jan 17, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
The AHL’s reigning MVP and rookie of the year is about to get his shot in the NHL.
Conacher, 23, is an undersized, undrafted forward that piled up 80 points in 75 games last season with the Norfolk Admirals.
He started the 2012-13 season where he left off, with 28 points in 36 games for the Lightning’s new AHL affiliate in Syracuse.
“We feel he has done a lot in the American League already …and if you look at his year and half, he has continued to improve,” Lightning coach Guy Boucher said. “I like his grit, I like his relentlessness and I always have, so he deserves it.”
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)