Jan 17, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
The AHL’s reigning MVP and rookie of the year is about to get his shot in the NHL.
Conacher, 23, is an undersized, undrafted forward that piled up 80 points in 75 games last season with the Norfolk Admirals.
He started the 2012-13 season where he left off, with 28 points in 36 games for the Lightning’s new AHL affiliate in Syracuse.
“We feel he has done a lot in the American League already …and if you look at his year and half, he has continued to improve,” Lightning coach Guy Boucher said. “I like his grit, I like his relentlessness and I always have, so he deserves it.”
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming