Jan 17, 2013, 4:50 PM EST
The AHL’s reigning MVP and rookie of the year is about to get his shot in the NHL.
Conacher, 23, is an undersized, undrafted forward that piled up 80 points in 75 games last season with the Norfolk Admirals.
He started the 2012-13 season where he left off, with 28 points in 36 games for the Lightning’s new AHL affiliate in Syracuse.
“We feel he has done a lot in the American League already …and if you look at his year and half, he has continued to improve,” Lightning coach Guy Boucher said. “I like his grit, I like his relentlessness and I always have, so he deserves it.”
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46