Jan 16, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have agreed to terms with RFA forward Nick Palmieri on a one-year, two-way contract.
Palmieri, 23, was taken by New Jersey in the third round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. He came to Minnesota last season as part of the Marek Zidlicky trade and appeared in nine games for the Wild, averaging over 10 minutes per contest.
The 6-foot-3, 220-pound winger has been playing with AHL Houston, where he racked up 9G-10A-19PTS in 36 games — and according to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Palmieri’s now fighting for the Wild’s final spot at forward heading into this season.
According to Capgeek, Palmieri will make $577,500 at the NHL level this year and $65,000 in the AHL. So, as you can imagine, he’s probably quite motivated to stick in Minnesota.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 11
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 18
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 22
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car