Jan 16, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
The NHL has made a couple of small rule changes, according to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston.
First, there’s now a penalty for touching the puck with a hand to win a faceoff.
Second, players will be penalized for grabbing an opponent’s facemask/visor.
We presume the second penalty wouldn’t apply to face-washing, only for grabbing.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)