Jan 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Flyers owner Ed Snider still believes in Ilya Bryzgalov.
“We’re in good shape in goal,” Snider said today, per CSNPhilly.com. “I have a lot of faith in Bryzgalov. I think he’ll do a real good job for us.
“A lot of his problems had to do with the different style we played as opposed to Phoenix. I really believe we will tighten up a bit and help him out. I think he is a damn good goalie.”
Snider is intimately involved with his team’s hockey operations, so if he says the Flyers will “tighten up a bit” defensively, that’s probably what they’ll try to do.
He also may take comfort in Bryzgalov’s post All-Star Game numbers (.929 SV% with five shutouts) compared to the ones prior to Jan. 29 (.895 SV%).
Still, it’s hard to overlook what happened in the playoffs when the goalie with eight years remaining on a $51 million contract allowed 37 goals in 11 games.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25