Jan 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Flyers owner Ed Snider still believes in Ilya Bryzgalov.
“We’re in good shape in goal,” Snider said today, per CSNPhilly.com. “I have a lot of faith in Bryzgalov. I think he’ll do a real good job for us.
“A lot of his problems had to do with the different style we played as opposed to Phoenix. I really believe we will tighten up a bit and help him out. I think he is a damn good goalie.”
Snider is intimately involved with his team’s hockey operations, so if he says the Flyers will “tighten up a bit” defensively, that’s probably what they’ll try to do.
He also may take comfort in Bryzgalov’s post All-Star Game numbers (.929 SV% with five shutouts) compared to the ones prior to Jan. 29 (.895 SV%).
Still, it’s hard to overlook what happened in the playoffs when the goalie with eight years remaining on a $51 million contract allowed 37 goals in 11 games.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)