Jan 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Flyers owner Ed Snider still believes in Ilya Bryzgalov.
“We’re in good shape in goal,” Snider said today, per CSNPhilly.com. “I have a lot of faith in Bryzgalov. I think he’ll do a real good job for us.
“A lot of his problems had to do with the different style we played as opposed to Phoenix. I really believe we will tighten up a bit and help him out. I think he is a damn good goalie.”
Snider is intimately involved with his team’s hockey operations, so if he says the Flyers will “tighten up a bit” defensively, that’s probably what they’ll try to do.
He also may take comfort in Bryzgalov’s post All-Star Game numbers (.929 SV% with five shutouts) compared to the ones prior to Jan. 29 (.895 SV%).
Still, it’s hard to overlook what happened in the playoffs when the goalie with eight years remaining on a $51 million contract allowed 37 goals in 11 games.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)