Jan 15, 2013, 3:44 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are going with a youth movement in their leadership group.
“We feel it’s a good time for Taylor and Jordan to step up,” Krueger said. “It’s the passion they bring to the game, to our team and the city of Edmonton.”
“It’s exciting news, and it’s an honor to be a captain, but we have a lot of leadership in this room,” Eberle told the Oilers website.
The 22-year-old Eberle is headed into his third season with the Oilers and coming off a career year in 2011-12. He posted a team-high 76 points and finished tied for 15th in the league in goals, with 34.
Hall, 21, is also headed into his third season with Edmonton. He signed a seven-year, $42 million extension with the Oilers prior to the lockout and racked up 35 points in 26 games while playing for AHL Oklahoma City during the work stoppage.
“It’s a true honor to wear a letter for the Oilers,” Hall said. “There have been so many great captains in the history of this team.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)