Jan 15, 2013, 3:44 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are going with a youth movement in their leadership group.
“We feel it’s a good time for Taylor and Jordan to step up,” Krueger said. “It’s the passion they bring to the game, to our team and the city of Edmonton.”
“It’s exciting news, and it’s an honor to be a captain, but we have a lot of leadership in this room,” Eberle told the Oilers website.
The 22-year-old Eberle is headed into his third season with the Oilers and coming off a career year in 2011-12. He posted a team-high 76 points and finished tied for 15th in the league in goals, with 34.
Hall, 21, is also headed into his third season with Edmonton. He signed a seven-year, $42 million extension with the Oilers prior to the lockout and racked up 35 points in 26 games while playing for AHL Oklahoma City during the work stoppage.
“It’s a true honor to wear a letter for the Oilers,” Hall said. “There have been so many great captains in the history of this team.”
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 83
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 58
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (83)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (58)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)