Jan 15, 2013, 3:44 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are going with a youth movement in their leadership group.
“We feel it’s a good time for Taylor and Jordan to step up,” Krueger said. “It’s the passion they bring to the game, to our team and the city of Edmonton.”
“It’s exciting news, and it’s an honor to be a captain, but we have a lot of leadership in this room,” Eberle told the Oilers website.
The 22-year-old Eberle is headed into his third season with the Oilers and coming off a career year in 2011-12. He posted a team-high 76 points and finished tied for 15th in the league in goals, with 34.
Hall, 21, is also headed into his third season with Edmonton. He signed a seven-year, $42 million extension with the Oilers prior to the lockout and racked up 35 points in 26 games while playing for AHL Oklahoma City during the work stoppage.
“It’s a true honor to wear a letter for the Oilers,” Hall said. “There have been so many great captains in the history of this team.”
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 13
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)