Jan 15, 2013, 3:44 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are going with a youth movement in their leadership group.
“We feel it’s a good time for Taylor and Jordan to step up,” Krueger said. “It’s the passion they bring to the game, to our team and the city of Edmonton.”
“It’s exciting news, and it’s an honor to be a captain, but we have a lot of leadership in this room,” Eberle told the Oilers website.
The 22-year-old Eberle is headed into his third season with the Oilers and coming off a career year in 2011-12. He posted a team-high 76 points and finished tied for 15th in the league in goals, with 34.
Hall, 21, is also headed into his third season with Edmonton. He signed a seven-year, $42 million extension with the Oilers prior to the lockout and racked up 35 points in 26 games while playing for AHL Oklahoma City during the work stoppage.
“It’s a true honor to wear a letter for the Oilers,” Hall said. “There have been so many great captains in the history of this team.”
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 2
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 20
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (90)