Jan 15, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Veteran NHL defenseman Colin White will be at St. Louis training camp on a tryout basis, according to the Blues website.
White, 35, spent last season with the San Jose Sharks, appearing in 54 games while registering 1G-3A-4PTS and averaging just under 15 minutes per game. He also appeared in three of San Jose’s five opening-round playoff games (against St. Louis, oddly enough.)
White’s best years came with New Jersey in the early parts of the 2K era. He won a Stanley Cup in his rookie season (1999-2000) and a second in 2002-03, when he averaged over 22 minutes per playoff game.
It’s not surprising the Blues wanted to add some defensive depth heading into camp. They’re currently rolling with a six-man rotation (Barret Jackman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Alex Pietrangelo, Roman Polak, Kris Russell, Ian Cole) with Jeff Woywitka on a two-way deal.
Also in the blueline mix are Taylor Chorney, Cade Fairchild and Mark Cundari, who were recently recalled from AHL Peoria.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)