Jan 15, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Veteran NHL defenseman Colin White will be at St. Louis training camp on a tryout basis, according to the Blues website.
White, 35, spent last season with the San Jose Sharks, appearing in 54 games while registering 1G-3A-4PTS and averaging just under 15 minutes per game. He also appeared in three of San Jose’s five opening-round playoff games (against St. Louis, oddly enough.)
White’s best years came with New Jersey in the early parts of the 2K era. He won a Stanley Cup in his rookie season (1999-2000) and a second in 2002-03, when he averaged over 22 minutes per playoff game.
It’s not surprising the Blues wanted to add some defensive depth heading into camp. They’re currently rolling with a six-man rotation (Barret Jackman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Alex Pietrangelo, Roman Polak, Kris Russell, Ian Cole) with Jeff Woywitka on a two-way deal.
Also in the blueline mix are Taylor Chorney, Cade Fairchild and Mark Cundari, who were recently recalled from AHL Peoria.
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 5
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)