Jan 15, 2013, 2:04 PM EST
Veteran NHL defenseman Colin White will be at St. Louis training camp on a tryout basis, according to the Blues website.
White, 35, spent last season with the San Jose Sharks, appearing in 54 games while registering 1G-3A-4PTS and averaging just under 15 minutes per game. He also appeared in three of San Jose’s five opening-round playoff games (against St. Louis, oddly enough.)
White’s best years came with New Jersey in the early parts of the 2K era. He won a Stanley Cup in his rookie season (1999-2000) and a second in 2002-03, when he averaged over 22 minutes per playoff game.
It’s not surprising the Blues wanted to add some defensive depth heading into camp. They’re currently rolling with a six-man rotation (Barret Jackman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Alex Pietrangelo, Roman Polak, Kris Russell, Ian Cole) with Jeff Woywitka on a two-way deal.
Also in the blueline mix are Taylor Chorney, Cade Fairchild and Mark Cundari, who were recently recalled from AHL Peoria.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 64
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)