Jan 14, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators added another veteran to their leadership group on Sunday, announcing that Martin Erat would serve as an alternate captain this season.
“I take a lot of input from Marty because he’s out there and creating things and has some great ideas,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said. “I think he has earned that right.”
Erat will serve under current captain Shea Weber, who has worn the “C” since inheriting it from Jason Arnott in 2010.
Erat, 31, was drafted by Nashville in 1999 and has appeared in nearly 700 games for the Predators, sitting second on the franchise’ all-time scoring leaderboard.
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 15
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 4
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 40
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 20
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 9
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)