Jan 14, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
The Nashville Predators added another veteran to their leadership group on Sunday, announcing that Martin Erat would serve as an alternate captain this season.
“I take a lot of input from Marty because he’s out there and creating things and has some great ideas,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said. “I think he has earned that right.”
Erat will serve under current captain Shea Weber, who has worn the “C” since inheriting it from Jason Arnott in 2010.
Erat, 31, was drafted by Nashville in 1999 and has appeared in nearly 700 games for the Predators, sitting second on the franchise’ all-time scoring leaderboard.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)