Jan 14, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
The Nashville Predators added another veteran to their leadership group on Sunday, announcing that Martin Erat would serve as an alternate captain this season.
“I take a lot of input from Marty because he’s out there and creating things and has some great ideas,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said. “I think he has earned that right.”
Erat will serve under current captain Shea Weber, who has worn the “C” since inheriting it from Jason Arnott in 2010.
Erat, 31, was drafted by Nashville in 1999 and has appeared in nearly 700 games for the Predators, sitting second on the franchise’ all-time scoring leaderboard.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 5
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28