Jan 14, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators added another veteran to their leadership group on Sunday, announcing that Martin Erat would serve as an alternate captain this season.
“I take a lot of input from Marty because he’s out there and creating things and has some great ideas,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said. “I think he has earned that right.”
Erat will serve under current captain Shea Weber, who has worn the “C” since inheriting it from Jason Arnott in 2010.
Erat, 31, was drafted by Nashville in 1999 and has appeared in nearly 700 games for the Predators, sitting second on the franchise’ all-time scoring leaderboard.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)