Jan 14, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators added another veteran to their leadership group on Sunday, announcing that Martin Erat would serve as an alternate captain this season.
“I take a lot of input from Marty because he’s out there and creating things and has some great ideas,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said. “I think he has earned that right.”
Erat will serve under current captain Shea Weber, who has worn the “C” since inheriting it from Jason Arnott in 2010.
Erat, 31, was drafted by Nashville in 1999 and has appeared in nearly 700 games for the Predators, sitting second on the franchise’ all-time scoring leaderboard.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)