Jan 14, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
From The Vancouver Province:
Moore was seriously injured after an on-ice attack by Bertuzzi in a home game against the Colorado Avalanche in March 2004. Moore’s hockey career was ended and he reportedly suffered a concussion, three broken vertebrae and deep facial cuts.
On Monday, a story in the Toronto Star, citing sources, said that Naslund and current Canucks Henrik and Daniel Sedin, among others, had refused to testify for Moore in the case, which is slated to go to court in April.
In a text message, Naslund, now the GM of Modo in the Swedish Elite League, said: “??? I’ve never been approached to testify …”
As the Star notes, “Naslund and the Sedins could provide details about what was said in the Canucks locker room before Bertuzzi’s attack.”
Moore’s legal team has claimed that the attack was orchestrated by former Vancouver coach Marc Crawford and former GM Brian Burke in retaliation for Moore hitting Naslund in the head in a previous game.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)