Jan 14, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
From The Vancouver Province:
Moore was seriously injured after an on-ice attack by Bertuzzi in a home game against the Colorado Avalanche in March 2004. Moore’s hockey career was ended and he reportedly suffered a concussion, three broken vertebrae and deep facial cuts.
On Monday, a story in the Toronto Star, citing sources, said that Naslund and current Canucks Henrik and Daniel Sedin, among others, had refused to testify for Moore in the case, which is slated to go to court in April.
In a text message, Naslund, now the GM of Modo in the Swedish Elite League, said: “??? I’ve never been approached to testify …”
As the Star notes, “Naslund and the Sedins could provide details about what was said in the Canucks locker room before Bertuzzi’s attack.”
Moore’s legal team has claimed that the attack was orchestrated by former Vancouver coach Marc Crawford and former GM Brian Burke in retaliation for Moore hitting Naslund in the head in a previous game.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 29
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)