Jan 14, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
From The Vancouver Province:
Moore was seriously injured after an on-ice attack by Bertuzzi in a home game against the Colorado Avalanche in March 2004. Moore’s hockey career was ended and he reportedly suffered a concussion, three broken vertebrae and deep facial cuts.
On Monday, a story in the Toronto Star, citing sources, said that Naslund and current Canucks Henrik and Daniel Sedin, among others, had refused to testify for Moore in the case, which is slated to go to court in April.
In a text message, Naslund, now the GM of Modo in the Swedish Elite League, said: “??? I’ve never been approached to testify …”
As the Star notes, “Naslund and the Sedins could provide details about what was said in the Canucks locker room before Bertuzzi’s attack.”
Moore’s legal team has claimed that the attack was orchestrated by former Vancouver coach Marc Crawford and former GM Brian Burke in retaliation for Moore hitting Naslund in the head in a previous game.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47