Jan 14, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
From The Vancouver Province:
Moore was seriously injured after an on-ice attack by Bertuzzi in a home game against the Colorado Avalanche in March 2004. Moore’s hockey career was ended and he reportedly suffered a concussion, three broken vertebrae and deep facial cuts.
On Monday, a story in the Toronto Star, citing sources, said that Naslund and current Canucks Henrik and Daniel Sedin, among others, had refused to testify for Moore in the case, which is slated to go to court in April.
In a text message, Naslund, now the GM of Modo in the Swedish Elite League, said: “??? I’ve never been approached to testify …”
As the Star notes, “Naslund and the Sedins could provide details about what was said in the Canucks locker room before Bertuzzi’s attack.”
Moore’s legal team has claimed that the attack was orchestrated by former Vancouver coach Marc Crawford and former GM Brian Burke in retaliation for Moore hitting Naslund in the head in a previous game.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 7
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 8
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 54
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)