Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is in the market for a center.
“That’s no secret,” he told azcentral this weekend. “To win a championship, you have to be strong through the middle of the ice, and if there was something that falls our way, sure.”
Who could Maloney target?
Lombardi’s already had success in Phoenix. In 2009-10, he had 53 points with the Coyotes while playing on a line with Shane Doan. But after signing in Nashville, he missed all but two games of 2010-11 with a concussion. Last summer he was traded to Toronto, where he was used sparingly and put up just 18 points in 62 games.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53