Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is in the market for a center.
“That’s no secret,” he told azcentral this weekend. “To win a championship, you have to be strong through the middle of the ice, and if there was something that falls our way, sure.”
Who could Maloney target?
Lombardi’s already had success in Phoenix. In 2009-10, he had 53 points with the Coyotes while playing on a line with Shane Doan. But after signing in Nashville, he missed all but two games of 2010-11 with a concussion. Last summer he was traded to Toronto, where he was used sparingly and put up just 18 points in 62 games.
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 23
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 35
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)