Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is in the market for a center.
“That’s no secret,” he told azcentral this weekend. “To win a championship, you have to be strong through the middle of the ice, and if there was something that falls our way, sure.”
Who could Maloney target?
Lombardi’s already had success in Phoenix. In 2009-10, he had 53 points with the Coyotes while playing on a line with Shane Doan. But after signing in Nashville, he missed all but two games of 2010-11 with a concussion. Last summer he was traded to Toronto, where he was used sparingly and put up just 18 points in 62 games.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 0
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 2
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38