Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is in the market for a center.
“That’s no secret,” he told azcentral this weekend. “To win a championship, you have to be strong through the middle of the ice, and if there was something that falls our way, sure.”
Who could Maloney target?
Lombardi’s already had success in Phoenix. In 2009-10, he had 53 points with the Coyotes while playing on a line with Shane Doan. But after signing in Nashville, he missed all but two games of 2010-11 with a concussion. Last summer he was traded to Toronto, where he was used sparingly and put up just 18 points in 62 games.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2