Jan 14, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
The pickings are pretty slim, but hey, if Jim Vandermeer can get a contract, then why shouldn’t these five unrestricted free agents?
Jason Arnott (C)
The 38-year-old is coming off a decent season with the Blues in which he scored 17 times and added 17 assists. Not surprisingly, a number of teams have been kicking the tires; however, there will be concerns about his ability to keep up and, also, to stay healthy. (Salary in 2011-12: $2.5 million)
Chris Campoli (D)
One of the NHLPA’s most outspoken members during the lockout, Campoli is hoping his commitment to the cause won’t cost him a job. Slowed by a leg injury last season, the 28-year-old appeared in just 43 games for Montreal, averaging 17:12 of ice time per game. Given the market for depth defensemen, Campoli should find a home somewhere. (Salary in 2011-12: $1.75 million)
Brett Clark (D)
Another potential depth d-man. Clark, 36, played all 82 games for the Lightning in 2011-12. His minus-26 rating was the fifth worst in the league, and that won’t look great on his résumé. But as always with plus-minus, it may not tell the whole story if he was playing tough minutes. (Salary in 2011-12: $1.3 million)
Daymond Langkow (C)
Just as depth on the back end is important, so is depth down the middle. Langkow, 36, appeared in all 16 playoff games for Phoenix last season, scoring once and adding six assists while playing 15:25 per game. He probably won’t score 77 points again like he did with Calgary in 2006-07, but if he wants a job, he should be able to find one. We hear the Coyotes are looking for a center. (Salary in 2011-12: $4.5 million)
Petr Sykora (RW)
Despite scoring 21 times last season in New Jersey, Sykora doesn’t fit in the Devils’ plans, according to GM Lou Lamoriello. The 36-year-old slowed down in the playoffs with just two goals in 18 games. (Salary in 2011-12: $650,000)
May 23, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Boston’s lineup stays the same as the first three contests.
May 23, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
Gotta pay Zach Parise and Ryan Suter somehow, huh?
May 23, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
“The L.A. Kings were a game away from missing the playoffs, and now suddenly they’re the template for everything good in hockey, and I don’t think that’s the case.”
May 23, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
Franchise legend returns, nearly 10 years after retirement.
May 23, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton (and Matt Bartkowski) all expected to stick.
May 23, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Shutting down the Blackhawks will do that.
May 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
But Drew Doughty says Galiardi is the biggest diver on the Sharks, so there.
May 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
For a headshot on Flyers prospect Taylor Leier.
May 23, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Good news for Phoenix hockey fans? (Or just…news.)
May 23, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
“You don’t win a Stanley Cup without going through something like that.”
May 23, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
It’s not pretty.
May 23, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
What happens to the coach if the Rangers get swept tonight?
May 23, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
When asked if Ottawa could come back from a 3-1 series deficit against Pittsburgh, he said “probably not.”
May 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
“That’s the way he plays.”
May 23, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
It would cost them $24 million over 14 years.
May 23, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Cue the buyout speculation.
May 23, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Will he be challenging Ryan Miller for it?
May 23, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
The home of the Oilers’ AHL affiliate.
May 23, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
He’s frustrated nothing got done in Calgary.
May 23, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
The big unveiling will be on June 4.
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 30
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 25
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 78
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead