Jan 13, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Flyers fans can dig out their Brian Boucher jerseys one more time.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the Flyers have acquired Boucher and prospect Mark Alt from Carolina in exchange for minor league forward Luke Pither.
Boucher saw his season ended last year with a brutal groin injury which required surgery. There he played in just 10 games as Cam Ward‘s backup before being injured. He struggled putting up just a .881 save percentage and a 3.41 goals against average.
Now he’s headed back to Philadelphia for the third time in his career to compete for the backup job behind Ilya Bryzgalov with Michael Leighton. Oddly enough, those two were the goalies for the Flyers during their run to the Stanley Cup finals in 2010.
Meanwhile in Carolina, this clears up the backup picture immensely as it appears the job belongs to Dan Ellis as he and Ward are now the only two goalies left on their training camp roster.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)