Jan 13, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
We told you recently about the Buffalo Sabres’ interest in bringing back veteran forward Jochen Hecht and today the team made it official.
Hecht has dealt with injury problems last season and was limited to just 22 games. At 35 years-old he provides plenty of experience and familiarity with coach Lindy Ruff’s system as this will mark his 10th season with the team.
In the past he’s been a dependable two-way player for Buffalo, but the goals don’t come quite so often these days. He’s more than likely to continue in his role as a third or fourth line player.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)