Jan 13, 2013, 12:58 PM EST
We told you recently about the Buffalo Sabres’ interest in bringing back veteran forward Jochen Hecht and today the team made it official.
Hecht has dealt with injury problems last season and was limited to just 22 games. At 35 years-old he provides plenty of experience and familiarity with coach Lindy Ruff’s system as this will mark his 10th season with the team.
In the past he’s been a dependable two-way player for Buffalo, but the goals don’t come quite so often these days. He’s more than likely to continue in his role as a third or fourth line player.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28