Jan 13, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
We told you recently about the Buffalo Sabres’ interest in bringing back veteran forward Jochen Hecht and today the team made it official.
Hecht has dealt with injury problems last season and was limited to just 22 games. At 35 years-old he provides plenty of experience and familiarity with coach Lindy Ruff’s system as this will mark his 10th season with the team.
In the past he’s been a dependable two-way player for Buffalo, but the goals don’t come quite so often these days. He’s more than likely to continue in his role as a third or fourth line player.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)