Jan 13, 2013, 12:58 PM EST
We told you recently about the Buffalo Sabres’ interest in bringing back veteran forward Jochen Hecht and today the team made it official.
Hecht has dealt with injury problems last season and was limited to just 22 games. At 35 years-old he provides plenty of experience and familiarity with coach Lindy Ruff’s system as this will mark his 10th season with the team.
In the past he’s been a dependable two-way player for Buffalo, but the goals don’t come quite so often these days. He’s more than likely to continue in his role as a third or fourth line player.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)