Jan 13, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
Rangers fans can breathe a little easier today as Michael Del Zotto is just about back in the fold.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the Rangers and their restricted free agent defenseman have tentatively agreed on a two-year contract. Larry Brooks of the New York Post reports the deal is worth around $2.55 million per season.
While the deal is unsigned as of now, Del Zotto is at Rangers camp getting his medicals done. It was only yesterday that Rangers GM Glen Sather said it was imperative to have a deal done by today and to get into camp. It looks like that’s just what’s happening.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)