Jan 13, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
Rangers fans can breathe a little easier today as Michael Del Zotto is just about back in the fold.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the Rangers and their restricted free agent defenseman have tentatively agreed on a two-year contract. Larry Brooks of the New York Post reports the deal is worth around $2.55 million per season.
While the deal is unsigned as of now, Del Zotto is at Rangers camp getting his medicals done. It was only yesterday that Rangers GM Glen Sather said it was imperative to have a deal done by today and to get into camp. It looks like that’s just what’s happening.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)