Jan 13, 2013, 10:58 AM EST
Rangers fans can breathe a little easier today as Michael Del Zotto is just about back in the fold.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the Rangers and their restricted free agent defenseman have tentatively agreed on a two-year contract. Larry Brooks of the New York Post reports the deal is worth around $2.55 million per season.
While the deal is unsigned as of now, Del Zotto is at Rangers camp getting his medicals done. It was only yesterday that Rangers GM Glen Sather said it was imperative to have a deal done by today and to get into camp. It looks like that’s just what’s happening.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 46
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 32
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 6
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (132)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)