Jan 13, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
Radek Martinek is proving you can return from where you once were.
Martinek, a 10-year NHL veteran, spent his first nine seasons on Long Island, most of those spent dealing with nagging injuries. During the lockout, he played in the Czech Extraliga with HC Ceske Budejovice earning two assists in four games.
If nothing else, Martinek will provide the Isles with a familiar face to give them some depth. Since it doesn’t look good for Lubomir Visnovsky‘s prospects of showing up to Isles camp, they could stand to have another veteran on the team as the rest of the roster at camp is shaping up to be pretty young on the blue line.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 10
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)