Jan 13, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
Radek Martinek is proving you can return from where you once were.
Martinek, a 10-year NHL veteran, spent his first nine seasons on Long Island, most of those spent dealing with nagging injuries. During the lockout, he played in the Czech Extraliga with HC Ceske Budejovice earning two assists in four games.
If nothing else, Martinek will provide the Isles with a familiar face to give them some depth. Since it doesn’t look good for Lubomir Visnovsky‘s prospects of showing up to Isles camp, they could stand to have another veteran on the team as the rest of the roster at camp is shaping up to be pretty young on the blue line.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 3
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)