Jan 13, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
Radek Martinek is proving you can return from where you once were.
Martinek, a 10-year NHL veteran, spent his first nine seasons on Long Island, most of those spent dealing with nagging injuries. During the lockout, he played in the Czech Extraliga with HC Ceske Budejovice earning two assists in four games.
If nothing else, Martinek will provide the Isles with a familiar face to give them some depth. Since it doesn’t look good for Lubomir Visnovsky‘s prospects of showing up to Isles camp, they could stand to have another veteran on the team as the rest of the roster at camp is shaping up to be pretty young on the blue line.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5