Jan 13, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
Radek Martinek is proving you can return from where you once were.
Martinek, a 10-year NHL veteran, spent his first nine seasons on Long Island, most of those spent dealing with nagging injuries. During the lockout, he played in the Czech Extraliga with HC Ceske Budejovice earning two assists in four games.
If nothing else, Martinek will provide the Isles with a familiar face to give them some depth. Since it doesn’t look good for Lubomir Visnovsky‘s prospects of showing up to Isles camp, they could stand to have another veteran on the team as the rest of the roster at camp is shaping up to be pretty young on the blue line.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)