Jan 13, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
Radek Martinek is proving you can return from where you once were.
Martinek, a 10-year NHL veteran, spent his first nine seasons on Long Island, most of those spent dealing with nagging injuries. During the lockout, he played in the Czech Extraliga with HC Ceske Budejovice earning two assists in four games.
If nothing else, Martinek will provide the Isles with a familiar face to give them some depth. Since it doesn’t look good for Lubomir Visnovsky‘s prospects of showing up to Isles camp, they could stand to have another veteran on the team as the rest of the roster at camp is shaping up to be pretty young on the blue line.
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 7
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 15
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 25
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)