Jan 13, 2013, 11:10 PM EST
New Jersey Devils and Florida Panthers fans won’t have to wait too much longer to find out who will be wearing the ‘C’ next season. Both team coaches will probably reveal their decision within the next week, according to New Jersey Online and the Miami Herald.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer indicated that he will probably make an announcement before the team’s season opener on Saturday, but he wouldn’t tip his hand.
“We’ve had some internal discussions,” DeBoer said, “but we haven’t named anyone yet.”
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen plans to name his choice this week.
For the third time in the Florida Panthers’ 18th season existence, the franchise did not have a captain in 2011-12. Bryan McCabe served in that role until he was traded on Feb. 26, 2011.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 34
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)