Jan 13, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils and Florida Panthers fans won’t have to wait too much longer to find out who will be wearing the ‘C’ next season. Both team coaches will probably reveal their decision within the next week, according to New Jersey Online and the Miami Herald.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer indicated that he will probably make an announcement before the team’s season opener on Saturday, but he wouldn’t tip his hand.
“We’ve had some internal discussions,” DeBoer said, “but we haven’t named anyone yet.”
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen plans to name his choice this week.
For the third time in the Florida Panthers’ 18th season existence, the franchise did not have a captain in 2011-12. Bryan McCabe served in that role until he was traded on Feb. 26, 2011.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (145)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)