Jan 13, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils and Florida Panthers fans won’t have to wait too much longer to find out who will be wearing the ‘C’ next season. Both team coaches will probably reveal their decision within the next week, according to New Jersey Online and the Miami Herald.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer indicated that he will probably make an announcement before the team’s season opener on Saturday, but he wouldn’t tip his hand.
“We’ve had some internal discussions,” DeBoer said, “but we haven’t named anyone yet.”
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen plans to name his choice this week.
For the third time in the Florida Panthers’ 18th season existence, the franchise did not have a captain in 2011-12. Bryan McCabe served in that role until he was traded on Feb. 26, 2011.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)