Jan 13, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils and Florida Panthers fans won’t have to wait too much longer to find out who will be wearing the ‘C’ next season. Both team coaches will probably reveal their decision within the next week, according to New Jersey Online and the Miami Herald.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer indicated that he will probably make an announcement before the team’s season opener on Saturday, but he wouldn’t tip his hand.
“We’ve had some internal discussions,” DeBoer said, “but we haven’t named anyone yet.”
Panthers coach Kevin Dineen plans to name his choice this week.
For the third time in the Florida Panthers’ 18th season existence, the franchise did not have a captain in 2011-12. Bryan McCabe served in that role until he was traded on Feb. 26, 2011.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)