Jan 13, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Free agent forward Mathieu Darche spent the better part of the lockout attending NHLPA meetings. Now he gets the chance to prove he can earn a spot once again in the NHL.
Darche will be attending training camp with the New Jersey Devils, as Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger reports. While he doesn’t have a contract with the team, he’ll be trying to do what Petr Sykora did with the team last year and secure a spot by getting it done in practice.
In 61 games with the Habs last season, Darche scored five goals with seven assists. Two seasons ago he scored a career-high 12 goals with Montreal. With the Devils in need of forward depth, Darche has a great chance to make the team.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 0
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 7
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)