Jan 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Now with Leafs training camp starting today, many are wondering when Gardiner will be ready. Coach Randy Carlyle told Jonas Siegel of TSN Radio 1050 that he’s not exactly sure.
Randy Carlyle said this morning that Jake Gardiner was "close", but "I thought he was close a month ago". Timeline still uncertain.—
Jonas Siegel (@jonasTSN1050) January 13, 2013
So quick recap: Gardiner’s out with concussion-like symptoms that they won’t call a concussion and they keep saying he’ll be back soon, even though his return date keeps getting pushed back. OK.
With his timeline for return being “uncertain” maybe everyone can just relax a bit about getting him back in the lineup.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)