Jan 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Now with Leafs training camp starting today, many are wondering when Gardiner will be ready. Coach Randy Carlyle told Jonas Siegel of TSN Radio 1050 that he’s not exactly sure.
Randy Carlyle said this morning that Jake Gardiner was "close", but "I thought he was close a month ago". Timeline still uncertain.—
Jonas Siegel (@jonasTSN1050) January 13, 2013
So quick recap: Gardiner’s out with concussion-like symptoms that they won’t call a concussion and they keep saying he’ll be back soon, even though his return date keeps getting pushed back. OK.
With his timeline for return being “uncertain” maybe everyone can just relax a bit about getting him back in the lineup.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)