Jan 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Now with Leafs training camp starting today, many are wondering when Gardiner will be ready. Coach Randy Carlyle told Jonas Siegel of TSN Radio 1050 that he’s not exactly sure.
Randy Carlyle said this morning that Jake Gardiner was "close", but "I thought he was close a month ago". Timeline still uncertain.—
Jonas Siegel (@jonasTSN1050) January 13, 2013
So quick recap: Gardiner’s out with concussion-like symptoms that they won’t call a concussion and they keep saying he’ll be back soon, even though his return date keeps getting pushed back. OK.
With his timeline for return being “uncertain” maybe everyone can just relax a bit about getting him back in the lineup.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32