Jan 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Now with Leafs training camp starting today, many are wondering when Gardiner will be ready. Coach Randy Carlyle told Jonas Siegel of TSN Radio 1050 that he’s not exactly sure.
Randy Carlyle said this morning that Jake Gardiner was "close", but "I thought he was close a month ago". Timeline still uncertain.—
Jonas Siegel (@jonasTSN1050) January 13, 2013
So quick recap: Gardiner’s out with concussion-like symptoms that they won’t call a concussion and they keep saying he’ll be back soon, even though his return date keeps getting pushed back. OK.
With his timeline for return being “uncertain” maybe everyone can just relax a bit about getting him back in the lineup.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)