Jan 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Now with Leafs training camp starting today, many are wondering when Gardiner will be ready. Coach Randy Carlyle told Jonas Siegel of TSN Radio 1050 that he’s not exactly sure.
Randy Carlyle said this morning that Jake Gardiner was "close", but "I thought he was close a month ago". Timeline still uncertain.—
Jonas Siegel (@jonasTSN1050) January 13, 2013
So quick recap: Gardiner’s out with concussion-like symptoms that they won’t call a concussion and they keep saying he’ll be back soon, even though his return date keeps getting pushed back. OK.
With his timeline for return being “uncertain” maybe everyone can just relax a bit about getting him back in the lineup.
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 4
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 31
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)