Jan 13, 2013, 7:45 AM EDT
It looks like Brian Boucher will have some competition for the backup job in goal during Carolina’s training camp.
Former Ducks and Predators goalie Dan Ellis has landed a spot on the Hurricanes’ camp roster (PDF) to earn a spot behind Cam Ward. Ellis had been playing with the team’s AHL affiliate in Charlotte, and according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie he’ll soon have a contract with Carolina to go with it, potentially a two-way deal.
Ellis dealt with injury troubles last season with Anaheim and played in just 10 games with the Ducks. This season with the Charlotte Checkers (AHL), in 18 games he had a 2.46 goals against average with a .922 save percentage going 8-7-2 along the way.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)