Jan 13, 2013, 7:45 AM EST
It looks like Brian Boucher will have some competition for the backup job in goal during Carolina’s training camp.
Former Ducks and Predators goalie Dan Ellis has landed a spot on the Hurricanes’ camp roster (PDF) to earn a spot behind Cam Ward. Ellis had been playing with the team’s AHL affiliate in Charlotte, and according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie he’ll soon have a contract with Carolina to go with it, potentially a two-way deal.
Ellis dealt with injury troubles last season with Anaheim and played in just 10 games with the Ducks. This season with the Charlotte Checkers (AHL), in 18 games he had a 2.46 goals against average with a .922 save percentage going 8-7-2 along the way.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 50
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)