Jan 13, 2013, 7:25 AM EST
One thing we’re sure to see plenty of in the next few days is seeing veteran players get invites to this week’s abbreviated training camp.
One such player is former Sharks and Blues forward Brad Winchester who has landed an invitation to camp with the Calgary Flames. The professional tryout gives him a chance to earn a spot with the veteran club and fortunately for him, the Flames are a team that could use veteran depth up front.
Last season with San Jose, Winchester played in 67 games scoring six goals with four assists as well as 88 penalty minutes. With Calgary likely not bringing back free agent Tom Kostopolous, Winchester could fill a grinder role on the third or fourth line should he make the team.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 16
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 5
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)