Jan 13, 2013, 7:25 AM EST
One thing we’re sure to see plenty of in the next few days is seeing veteran players get invites to this week’s abbreviated training camp.
One such player is former Sharks and Blues forward Brad Winchester who has landed an invitation to camp with the Calgary Flames. The professional tryout gives him a chance to earn a spot with the veteran club and fortunately for him, the Flames are a team that could use veteran depth up front.
Last season with San Jose, Winchester played in 67 games scoring six goals with four assists as well as 88 penalty minutes. With Calgary likely not bringing back free agent Tom Kostopolous, Winchester could fill a grinder role on the third or fourth line should he make the team.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)