Jan 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As you know by now, the NHL schedule is going to be awfully tight this year and with the Stanley Cup finals potentially running all the way through to June 28, the plans for the NHL Draft had to be altered a bit.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reported early this morning the league will have all seven rounds of the draft on Sunday, June 30 at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. That’s a distinct change from the usual two-day event that sees the first round held on a Friday night and rounds 2-7 the following day. Should the Cup finals go to a Game 7, the league will be running around like mad to get things squared away and ready. The chaos would be incredible.
It’ll be there we’ll find out whether it’ll be American defenseman Seth Jones or Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon being taken first overall. But first, let’s get the season started before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5