Jan 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As you know by now, the NHL schedule is going to be awfully tight this year and with the Stanley Cup finals potentially running all the way through to June 28, the plans for the NHL Draft had to be altered a bit.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reported early this morning the league will have all seven rounds of the draft on Sunday, June 30 at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. That’s a distinct change from the usual two-day event that sees the first round held on a Friday night and rounds 2-7 the following day. Should the Cup finals go to a Game 7, the league will be running around like mad to get things squared away and ready. The chaos would be incredible.
It’ll be there we’ll find out whether it’ll be American defenseman Seth Jones or Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon being taken first overall. But first, let’s get the season started before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 13
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)