Jan 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As you know by now, the NHL schedule is going to be awfully tight this year and with the Stanley Cup finals potentially running all the way through to June 28, the plans for the NHL Draft had to be altered a bit.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reported early this morning the league will have all seven rounds of the draft on Sunday, June 30 at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. That’s a distinct change from the usual two-day event that sees the first round held on a Friday night and rounds 2-7 the following day. Should the Cup finals go to a Game 7, the league will be running around like mad to get things squared away and ready. The chaos would be incredible.
It’ll be there we’ll find out whether it’ll be American defenseman Seth Jones or Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon being taken first overall. But first, let’s get the season started before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)