Jan 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
As you know by now, the NHL schedule is going to be awfully tight this year and with the Stanley Cup finals potentially running all the way through to June 28, the plans for the NHL Draft had to be altered a bit.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reported early this morning the league will have all seven rounds of the draft on Sunday, June 30 at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. That’s a distinct change from the usual two-day event that sees the first round held on a Friday night and rounds 2-7 the following day. Should the Cup finals go to a Game 7, the league will be running around like mad to get things squared away and ready. The chaos would be incredible.
It’ll be there we’ll find out whether it’ll be American defenseman Seth Jones or Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon being taken first overall. But first, let’s get the season started before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 0
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)