Jan 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As you know by now, the NHL schedule is going to be awfully tight this year and with the Stanley Cup finals potentially running all the way through to June 28, the plans for the NHL Draft had to be altered a bit.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reported early this morning the league will have all seven rounds of the draft on Sunday, June 30 at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. That’s a distinct change from the usual two-day event that sees the first round held on a Friday night and rounds 2-7 the following day. Should the Cup finals go to a Game 7, the league will be running around like mad to get things squared away and ready. The chaos would be incredible.
It’ll be there we’ll find out whether it’ll be American defenseman Seth Jones or Canadian forward Nathan MacKinnon being taken first overall. But first, let’s get the season started before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)