Jan 12, 2013, 6:49 PM EST
Donald Brashear has been quietly plying his rough-and-tumble trade in the LNAH for the past two seasons, but who knows if he’ll continue to work there much longer after this happened on Friday:
Perhaps this shouldn’t be too shocking considering the fact that Brashear registered a whopping 2,634 penalty minutes in his 1,025 career NHL games. Still, it’s a pretty stunning thing to watch, particularly in slow motion.
Many people, including Sportsnet.ca’s staff, have already compared that punch from behind to Todd Bertuzzi‘s notorious incident with Steve Moore. One cannot help but also note that Brashear’s been the victim of a controversial on-ice moment of his own, via Marty McSorley’s high stick.
There’s no word yet on what – if any – kind of discipline Brashear will face for punching Gaby Roch. If it’s hard to imagine that this scenario will improve his already-slim chances for an NHL comeback, however.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)