Jan 12, 2013, 6:49 PM EST
Donald Brashear has been quietly plying his rough-and-tumble trade in the LNAH for the past two seasons, but who knows if he’ll continue to work there much longer after this happened on Friday:
Perhaps this shouldn’t be too shocking considering the fact that Brashear registered a whopping 2,634 penalty minutes in his 1,025 career NHL games. Still, it’s a pretty stunning thing to watch, particularly in slow motion.
Many people, including Sportsnet.ca’s staff, have already compared that punch from behind to Todd Bertuzzi‘s notorious incident with Steve Moore. One cannot help but also note that Brashear’s been the victim of a controversial on-ice moment of his own, via Marty McSorley’s high stick.
There’s no word yet on what – if any – kind of discipline Brashear will face for punching Gaby Roch. If it’s hard to imagine that this scenario will improve his already-slim chances for an NHL comeback, however.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17