Jan 12, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
Donald Brashear has been quietly plying his rough-and-tumble trade in the LNAH for the past two seasons, but who knows if he’ll continue to work there much longer after this happened on Friday:
Perhaps this shouldn’t be too shocking considering the fact that Brashear registered a whopping 2,634 penalty minutes in his 1,025 career NHL games. Still, it’s a pretty stunning thing to watch, particularly in slow motion.
Many people, including Sportsnet.ca’s staff, have already compared that punch from behind to Todd Bertuzzi‘s notorious incident with Steve Moore. One cannot help but also note that Brashear’s been the victim of a controversial on-ice moment of his own, via Marty McSorley’s high stick.
There’s no word yet on what – if any – kind of discipline Brashear will face for punching Gaby Roch. If it’s hard to imagine that this scenario will improve his already-slim chances for an NHL comeback, however.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup