Jan 12, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
Donald Brashear has been quietly plying his rough-and-tumble trade in the LNAH for the past two seasons, but who knows if he’ll continue to work there much longer after this happened on Friday:
Perhaps this shouldn’t be too shocking considering the fact that Brashear registered a whopping 2,634 penalty minutes in his 1,025 career NHL games. Still, it’s a pretty stunning thing to watch, particularly in slow motion.
Many people, including Sportsnet.ca’s staff, have already compared that punch from behind to Todd Bertuzzi‘s notorious incident with Steve Moore. One cannot help but also note that Brashear’s been the victim of a controversial on-ice moment of his own, via Marty McSorley’s high stick.
There’s no word yet on what – if any – kind of discipline Brashear will face for punching Gaby Roch. If it’s hard to imagine that this scenario will improve his already-slim chances for an NHL comeback, however.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)