Jan 12, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
It might take fans a while to get used to seeing Alexander Semin in a Carolina Hurricanes uniform. Now that training camps are about to open, he’s ready to start anew in Raleigh.
Chip Alexander from the News & Observer spoke with Semin (through his interpreter) at his first day at camp with his new team.
“Everything so far is good,” Semin said through his agent, Todd Diamond, who served as an interpreter. “Everything is new — the team, the area, the teammates. But so far everything is positive and I have very positive thoughts coming into the season.”
Positive thoughts are what the Hurricanes are hoping for this season with Semin in the lineup. That and a healthy pile-up of goals as well. Carolina adding Jordan Staal as well as Semin had them thinking about making a run into the playoffs before the season started.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)