Jan 12, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
It might take fans a while to get used to seeing Alexander Semin in a Carolina Hurricanes uniform. Now that training camps are about to open, he’s ready to start anew in Raleigh.
Chip Alexander from the News & Observer spoke with Semin (through his interpreter) at his first day at camp with his new team.
“Everything so far is good,” Semin said through his agent, Todd Diamond, who served as an interpreter. “Everything is new — the team, the area, the teammates. But so far everything is positive and I have very positive thoughts coming into the season.”
Positive thoughts are what the Hurricanes are hoping for this season with Semin in the lineup. That and a healthy pile-up of goals as well. Carolina adding Jordan Staal as well as Semin had them thinking about making a run into the playoffs before the season started.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 24
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)