Jan 12, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
It might take fans a while to get used to seeing Alexander Semin in a Carolina Hurricanes uniform. Now that training camps are about to open, he’s ready to start anew in Raleigh.
Chip Alexander from the News & Observer spoke with Semin (through his interpreter) at his first day at camp with his new team.
“Everything so far is good,” Semin said through his agent, Todd Diamond, who served as an interpreter. “Everything is new — the team, the area, the teammates. But so far everything is positive and I have very positive thoughts coming into the season.”
Positive thoughts are what the Hurricanes are hoping for this season with Semin in the lineup. That and a healthy pile-up of goals as well. Carolina adding Jordan Staal as well as Semin had them thinking about making a run into the playoffs before the season started.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 0
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 63
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (114)