Jan 12, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
It might take fans a while to get used to seeing Alexander Semin in a Carolina Hurricanes uniform. Now that training camps are about to open, he’s ready to start anew in Raleigh.
Chip Alexander from the News & Observer spoke with Semin (through his interpreter) at his first day at camp with his new team.
“Everything so far is good,” Semin said through his agent, Todd Diamond, who served as an interpreter. “Everything is new — the team, the area, the teammates. But so far everything is positive and I have very positive thoughts coming into the season.”
Positive thoughts are what the Hurricanes are hoping for this season with Semin in the lineup. That and a healthy pile-up of goals as well. Carolina adding Jordan Staal as well as Semin had them thinking about making a run into the playoffs before the season started.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5