Jan 12, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
It’s looking like Cody Franson will be returning to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the Leafs and Franson will come to an agreement on a one-year deal once the league and the players sign off on their Memorandum of Understanding to officially end the lockout. McKenzie says the deal will be worth just over $1 million.
Franson spent last season with the Leafs after being acquired from the Nashville Predators. In 57 games with Toronto, he piled up five goals and 16 assists while averaging just over 16 minutes of ice time per game.
With Luke Schenn now in Philadelphia, that opens up the opportunity for Franson to see more minutes and more responsibilities.
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 3
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 2
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 2
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 7
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 38
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 90
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (90)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas