Jan 12, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
It’s looking like Cody Franson will be returning to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the Leafs and Franson will come to an agreement on a one-year deal once the league and the players sign off on their Memorandum of Understanding to officially end the lockout. McKenzie says the deal will be worth just over $1 million.
Franson spent last season with the Leafs after being acquired from the Nashville Predators. In 57 games with Toronto, he piled up five goals and 16 assists while averaging just over 16 minutes of ice time per game.
With Luke Schenn now in Philadelphia, that opens up the opportunity for Franson to see more minutes and more responsibilities.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 13
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15