Jan 12, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are bringing a familiar face back into the fold.
The team will reportedly sign forward Eric Fehr to a prorated one-year, $600,000 contract, according to the Washington Post.
Fehr, 27, was Washington’s first-round pick (18th overall) in the ballyhooed 2003 Entry Draft, and spent his first six NHL seasons in the nation’s capital, scoring a career-high 21 goals in 2008-09.
He was traded to Winnipeg last July and suffered through a disappointing year with the Jets, missing extensive time with a shoulder injury. Fehr only appeared in 35 games (2G-1A-3PTS) and wasn’t offered a new deal prior to the CBA expiring on Sept. 15.
Undeterred, Fehr inked with HPK of the Finnish league during the lockout and drew the attention of numerous clubs with his play. He racked up 25 points in 21 games and apparently had a number of suitors interested in his services.
Fehr will be taking a significant pay cut in his Washington return — he was making $2.2 million annually on his old deal.
Of note, contracts cannot be made official until the new collective bargaining agreement has been ratified.
Oct 24, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
“We’ve got to do our research here and come up with the best solution we can.”
Oct 24, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
They’re back at it in Edmonton tonight.
Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’
Oct 24, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Denials from NHL and Coyotes.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
“I’m going to focus on the good and try to clean up the bad parts. That’s my job.”
Oct 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Click to see Boston’s schedule through the end of November.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Oct 24, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Retroactive to Oct. 21.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
“We’ve given up more odd-man rushes in six hockey games than we did in two months last year.”
Oct 24, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
“Talks are open-ended.”
Oct 24, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Boston attempts to fill hole left by Chara.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
The Wild center becomes a restricted free agent after this season.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
With time off in Calgary, players participate in team building event.
Oct 24, 2014, 2:04 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell’s four assists included a wondrous “kick-pass.”
Oct 24, 2014, 1:35 AM EDT
His 33rd goose egg breaks a brief tie with Rogie Vachon.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
This one didn’t come against Colorado, either.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
They’ll also have a tribute to Nathan Cirillo.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:49 AM EDT
Chris Kelly calls him “irreplaceable.”
Oct 24, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Grim times for Carolina.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
The Bruins haven’t confirmed or denied the dire update.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Is “revenge” too strong of a word for it?
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 9
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 11
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 7
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)