Jan 12, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are bringing a familiar face back into the fold.
The team will reportedly sign forward Eric Fehr to a prorated one-year, $600,000 contract, according to the Washington Post.
Fehr, 27, was Washington’s first-round pick (18th overall) in the ballyhooed 2003 Entry Draft, and spent his first six NHL seasons in the nation’s capital, scoring a career-high 21 goals in 2008-09.
He was traded to Winnipeg last July and suffered through a disappointing year with the Jets, missing extensive time with a shoulder injury. Fehr only appeared in 35 games (2G-1A-3PTS) and wasn’t offered a new deal prior to the CBA expiring on Sept. 15.
Undeterred, Fehr inked with HPK of the Finnish league during the lockout and drew the attention of numerous clubs with his play. He racked up 25 points in 21 games and apparently had a number of suitors interested in his services.
Fehr will be taking a significant pay cut in his Washington return — he was making $2.2 million annually on his old deal.
Of note, contracts cannot be made official until the new collective bargaining agreement has been ratified.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:36 AM EDT
Another rough go for Crow.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Game 2’s galore.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38