Jan 12, 2013, 9:49 AM EDT
News for Devils fans lately hasn’t exactly been cheery with Ilya Kovalchuk threatening to stay in Russia before a report surfaced saying he’d be back after the KHL All-Star Game. Rest assured, however, there’s one New Jersey star who wants to keep playing.
“Are you kidding me?” he replied when asked about his plans after this season. “After last year the way I played, I’m hoping to play for at least another two, three, four years. Whatever I can play. I enjoy it. I love it. I’m in good shape. I’m in better shape than I probably was a few years back. I’m still useful.”
He’s certainly useful. Last season for New Jersey, Elias put up 26 goals with 52 assists. His 78 points tied him for 10th overall in the league with Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson. Safe to say Elias has plenty left in the tank and he wants to spend those two, three, or four years with the Devils.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15