Jan 12, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Penguins defenseman Kris Letang sure seemed to have funny timing. When he signed his deal to play in the KHL it turned out to be just two days before the NHL and the players reached an agreement to end the lockout.
As he tells Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, getting to go to Russia to just see how they did things was fun enough for him.
“The (KHL) deal was done a long time ago. It was just a question of timing,” Letang said. “Even if the lockout was closer to an end, they asked me to come anyways and to check out the facility and the way they were managing the team. It was a good experience.”
That question of timing turned out to be rather poorly answered when it was all said and done as Letang didn’t play a game for SKA St. Petersburg. The Penguins will need to have a fully healthy and focused Letang along the blue line for the shortened season. Hopefully his Russian “experience” didn’t hinder his training during the lockout.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:29 PM EST
Will make just his 17th appearance of the season tonight against Florida.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Second time this season.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:37 AM EST
Veteran Ottawa center will sit as a healthy scratch again tonight.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
Scored a big goal last night versus Toronto.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:18 AM EST
The NHL’s 29th- and 30th-ranked teams get it on.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:58 AM EST
“There’s a lot of different avenues we have to explore here,” says Ron Hextall.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:36 AM EST
So you can probably guess where he stands on the matter.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:01 AM EST
He left the team after his father passed away.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:22 AM EST
San Jose is in the thick of a tight Pacific Division battle.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:44 AM EST
The 2014 Eastern Conference finalists meet to continue their respective battles for home ice advantage.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jan 29, 2015, 1:35 AM EST
Looked like L.A. was in serious trouble.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:30 AM EST
Washington is now three points back of Pittsburgh in the Metropolitan Division.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:51 PM EST
Weren’t at all inspired Tuesday.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:28 PM EST
That’s a nice set up.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:05 PM EST
Christian Ehrhoff was hurt on the play.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:43 PM EST
Had the edge in shots, and shot attempts, but only one point to show for.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
High expectations in Chicago.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:53 PM EST
“Feeling the flow. Working it. Working it.”
Jan 28, 2015, 9:39 PM EST
Western Conference foes.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 42
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45