Jan 12, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Lubomir Visnovsky‘s saga with the New York Islanders has taken yet another crazy twist.
Arthur Staple of New York Newsday reports the team booked a flight out of Slovakia for the offensive defense to head to Long Island and take his physical with the team. The problem? Visnovsky didn’t get on the plane.
This latest development only comes days after his agent, Neil Sheehy, said he’d play for the Islanders if he had to thanks to the KHL and NHL respecting one another’s contracts.
If it were up to Visnovsky, he’d stay in Slovakia with his family and continue to play for his KHL squad. The Isles would much rather have him fulfill his NHL contract after trading for him this summer. One way or another, this situation is headed for an awkward solution of one kind or another but this latest twist was summed up rather well by Staple.
Also, I believe this is the plot of Taken 3.—
Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) January 12, 2013
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 11
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 20
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 59
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 80
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 52
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional