Jan 12, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Lubomir Visnovsky‘s saga with the New York Islanders has taken yet another crazy twist.
Arthur Staple of New York Newsday reports the team booked a flight out of Slovakia for the offensive defense to head to Long Island and take his physical with the team. The problem? Visnovsky didn’t get on the plane.
This latest development only comes days after his agent, Neil Sheehy, said he’d play for the Islanders if he had to thanks to the KHL and NHL respecting one another’s contracts.
If it were up to Visnovsky, he’d stay in Slovakia with his family and continue to play for his KHL squad. The Isles would much rather have him fulfill his NHL contract after trading for him this summer. One way or another, this situation is headed for an awkward solution of one kind or another but this latest twist was summed up rather well by Staple.
Also, I believe this is the plot of Taken 3.—
Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) January 12, 2013
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34