Jan 12, 2013, 2:12 PM EST
Lubomir Visnovsky‘s saga with the New York Islanders has taken yet another crazy twist.
Arthur Staple of New York Newsday reports the team booked a flight out of Slovakia for the offensive defense to head to Long Island and take his physical with the team. The problem? Visnovsky didn’t get on the plane.
This latest development only comes days after his agent, Neil Sheehy, said he’d play for the Islanders if he had to thanks to the KHL and NHL respecting one another’s contracts.
If it were up to Visnovsky, he’d stay in Slovakia with his family and continue to play for his KHL squad. The Isles would much rather have him fulfill his NHL contract after trading for him this summer. One way or another, this situation is headed for an awkward solution of one kind or another but this latest twist was summed up rather well by Staple.
Also, I believe this is the plot of Taken 3.—
Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) January 12, 2013
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)