Jan 12, 2013, 11:25 AM EST
At this point in his career, Sergei Gonchar‘s been through it all. Good teams, bad teams, Stanley Cup success and heartbreak. Trade rumors though? He ain’t sweating those.
“Rumors are rumors,” the Senators defenseman, 38, said Friday at Scotiabank Place. “I’ve been in the NHL for so many years, I’ve heard so many rumors. I’m not even thinking about it.”
Gonchar helped the 2009 Penguins to the Stanley Cup, so if he was to go back there it’d be a more than familiar situation. Playing on the power play for Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin would be pretty good, too.
After the surprising success the Senators had last season, however, maybe Gonchar is excited about the possibilities to come in Ottawa.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 43
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31