Jan 12, 2013, 11:25 AM EST
At this point in his career, Sergei Gonchar‘s been through it all. Good teams, bad teams, Stanley Cup success and heartbreak. Trade rumors though? He ain’t sweating those.
“Rumors are rumors,” the Senators defenseman, 38, said Friday at Scotiabank Place. “I’ve been in the NHL for so many years, I’ve heard so many rumors. I’m not even thinking about it.”
Gonchar helped the 2009 Penguins to the Stanley Cup, so if he was to go back there it’d be a more than familiar situation. Playing on the power play for Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin would be pretty good, too.
After the surprising success the Senators had last season, however, maybe Gonchar is excited about the possibilities to come in Ottawa.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)