Jan 12, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
At this point in his career, Sergei Gonchar‘s been through it all. Good teams, bad teams, Stanley Cup success and heartbreak. Trade rumors though? He ain’t sweating those.
“Rumors are rumors,” the Senators defenseman, 38, said Friday at Scotiabank Place. “I’ve been in the NHL for so many years, I’ve heard so many rumors. I’m not even thinking about it.”
Gonchar helped the 2009 Penguins to the Stanley Cup, so if he was to go back there it’d be a more than familiar situation. Playing on the power play for Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin would be pretty good, too.
After the surprising success the Senators had last season, however, maybe Gonchar is excited about the possibilities to come in Ottawa.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)