Jan 12, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
At this point in his career, Sergei Gonchar‘s been through it all. Good teams, bad teams, Stanley Cup success and heartbreak. Trade rumors though? He ain’t sweating those.
“Rumors are rumors,” the Senators defenseman, 38, said Friday at Scotiabank Place. “I’ve been in the NHL for so many years, I’ve heard so many rumors. I’m not even thinking about it.”
Gonchar helped the 2009 Penguins to the Stanley Cup, so if he was to go back there it’d be a more than familiar situation. Playing on the power play for Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin would be pretty good, too.
After the surprising success the Senators had last season, however, maybe Gonchar is excited about the possibilities to come in Ottawa.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)