Jan 12, 2013, 11:25 AM EST
At this point in his career, Sergei Gonchar‘s been through it all. Good teams, bad teams, Stanley Cup success and heartbreak. Trade rumors though? He ain’t sweating those.
“Rumors are rumors,” the Senators defenseman, 38, said Friday at Scotiabank Place. “I’ve been in the NHL for so many years, I’ve heard so many rumors. I’m not even thinking about it.”
Gonchar helped the 2009 Penguins to the Stanley Cup, so if he was to go back there it’d be a more than familiar situation. Playing on the power play for Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin would be pretty good, too.
After the surprising success the Senators had last season, however, maybe Gonchar is excited about the possibilities to come in Ottawa.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 7
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 16
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)