Jan 11, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Veteran winger Petr Sykora has at least one NHL gig lined up for the shortened season, according to the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere.
Sykora told Chere that the New Jersey Devils are his first choice, but it’s unclear if that one NHL gig is code for the Devils or not. The good news – at least according to Sykora – is that he won’t need to go through a training camp tryout like he did before the 2010-11 season.
Chere passes along a rumor that the Washington Capitals are interested, but GM George McPhee denies making contact – possibly because the CBA hasn’t been ratified yet.
The 36-year-old winger should be reasonably marketable after scoring 21 goals and 44 points in 82 regular season games for the Devils last season.
Are there any other teams who would could use Sykora’s scoring touch?
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)