Jan 11, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
It’s entirely possible that Roberto Luongo‘s tenure with Vancouver will end in mere days, but if Canucks GM Mike Gillis can’t get the price he wants for the all-star goaltender, that’s fine with Luongo.
“I told (Gillis) I was ready to go as long as it took,” said Luongo in a Sportsnet report. “Whether it’s a couple days, next week, two weeks, at the end of the season, it’s totally fine with me.”
Back in May, Luongo thought he would have been traded before the start of the Vancouver Canucks’ training camp, especially given the commitment they made to netminder Cory Schneider when they signed him to a three-year, $12 million deal. Still, at the age of 33 he feels comfortable in Vancouver.
“I’ve matured in the sense where I can handle adversity than I did back then,” said Luongo. “That’s why I’ve been really calm about the whole situation. I’ve been able to enjoy it, even though it’s not an easy situation.”
For his part, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said he’s “very fortunate to have” Luongo, although he wouldn’t name either goaltender as his starter.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)