Jan 11, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
While there’s a bit of grey area surrounding camp invites — because, you know, nothing’s official until the CBA’s ratified — here are a few “pending invites” to pass your way as teams are set to begin camps on Sunday, Jan. 13.
Pandolfo to Boston
Veteran NHLer Jay Pandolfo has reportedly accepted an invite to Bruins camp, according to the Boston Globe.
The 38-year-old spent last season with the Islanders — scoring 1G-2A-3PTS in 62 games — and previously played under B’s head coach Claude Julien while the two were with the Devils organization.
It was in New Jersey where Pandolfo earned his reputation as a solid defensive forward with a penchant for killing penalties. He won a pair of Stanley Cups with New Jersey (2000, ’03), racking up 6G-6A-12PTS during the ’03 run.
Barker to Vancouver
That’s right — Cam Barker.
The former Chicago, Minnesota and Edmonton defenseman will head to Vancouver’s camp on a PTO, according to head coach Alain Vigneault.
Barker only appeared in 23 games for Edmonton last season and spent the lockout trying to catch on with an organization, eventually settling for a tryout with Dallas’ AHL affiliate in Texas.
Texas released Barker before his 25-game agreement had been completed.
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 20
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 74
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)