Jan 11, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
While there’s a bit of grey area surrounding camp invites — because, you know, nothing’s official until the CBA’s ratified — here are a few “pending invites” to pass your way as teams are set to begin camps on Sunday, Jan. 13.
Pandolfo to Boston
Veteran NHLer Jay Pandolfo has reportedly accepted an invite to Bruins camp, according to the Boston Globe.
The 38-year-old spent last season with the Islanders — scoring 1G-2A-3PTS in 62 games — and previously played under B’s head coach Claude Julien while the two were with the Devils organization.
It was in New Jersey where Pandolfo earned his reputation as a solid defensive forward with a penchant for killing penalties. He won a pair of Stanley Cups with New Jersey (2000, ’03), racking up 6G-6A-12PTS during the ’03 run.
Barker to Vancouver
That’s right — Cam Barker.
The former Chicago, Minnesota and Edmonton defenseman will head to Vancouver’s camp on a PTO, according to head coach Alain Vigneault.
Barker only appeared in 23 games for Edmonton last season and spent the lockout trying to catch on with an organization, eventually settling for a tryout with Dallas’ AHL affiliate in Texas.
Texas released Barker before his 25-game agreement had been completed.
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 0
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 21
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 11
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 67
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 23
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination