Jan 11, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
While there’s a bit of grey area surrounding camp invites — because, you know, nothing’s official until the CBA’s ratified — here are a few “pending invites” to pass your way as teams are set to begin camps on Sunday, Jan. 13.
Pandolfo to Boston
Veteran NHLer Jay Pandolfo has reportedly accepted an invite to Bruins camp, according to the Boston Globe.
The 38-year-old spent last season with the Islanders — scoring 1G-2A-3PTS in 62 games — and previously played under B’s head coach Claude Julien while the two were with the Devils organization.
It was in New Jersey where Pandolfo earned his reputation as a solid defensive forward with a penchant for killing penalties. He won a pair of Stanley Cups with New Jersey (2000, ’03), racking up 6G-6A-12PTS during the ’03 run.
Barker to Vancouver
That’s right — Cam Barker.
The former Chicago, Minnesota and Edmonton defenseman will head to Vancouver’s camp on a PTO, according to head coach Alain Vigneault.
Barker only appeared in 23 games for Edmonton last season and spent the lockout trying to catch on with an organization, eventually settling for a tryout with Dallas’ AHL affiliate in Texas.
Texas released Barker before his 25-game agreement had been completed.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)