Jan 11, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
While there’s a bit of grey area surrounding camp invites — because, you know, nothing’s official until the CBA’s ratified — here are a few “pending invites” to pass your way as teams are set to begin camps on Sunday, Jan. 13.
Pandolfo to Boston
Veteran NHLer Jay Pandolfo has reportedly accepted an invite to Bruins camp, according to the Boston Globe.
The 38-year-old spent last season with the Islanders — scoring 1G-2A-3PTS in 62 games — and previously played under B’s head coach Claude Julien while the two were with the Devils organization.
It was in New Jersey where Pandolfo earned his reputation as a solid defensive forward with a penchant for killing penalties. He won a pair of Stanley Cups with New Jersey (2000, ’03), racking up 6G-6A-12PTS during the ’03 run.
Barker to Vancouver
That’s right — Cam Barker.
The former Chicago, Minnesota and Edmonton defenseman will head to Vancouver’s camp on a PTO, according to head coach Alain Vigneault.
Barker only appeared in 23 games for Edmonton last season and spent the lockout trying to catch on with an organization, eventually settling for a tryout with Dallas’ AHL affiliate in Texas.
Texas released Barker before his 25-game agreement had been completed.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)