Jan 11, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
While there’s a bit of grey area surrounding camp invites — because, you know, nothing’s official until the CBA’s ratified — here are a few “pending invites” to pass your way as teams are set to begin camps on Sunday, Jan. 13.
Pandolfo to Boston
Veteran NHLer Jay Pandolfo has reportedly accepted an invite to Bruins camp, according to the Boston Globe.
The 38-year-old spent last season with the Islanders — scoring 1G-2A-3PTS in 62 games — and previously played under B’s head coach Claude Julien while the two were with the Devils organization.
It was in New Jersey where Pandolfo earned his reputation as a solid defensive forward with a penchant for killing penalties. He won a pair of Stanley Cups with New Jersey (2000, ’03), racking up 6G-6A-12PTS during the ’03 run.
Barker to Vancouver
That’s right — Cam Barker.
The former Chicago, Minnesota and Edmonton defenseman will head to Vancouver’s camp on a PTO, according to head coach Alain Vigneault.
Barker only appeared in 23 games for Edmonton last season and spent the lockout trying to catch on with an organization, eventually settling for a tryout with Dallas’ AHL affiliate in Texas.
Texas released Barker before his 25-game agreement had been completed.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)