Jan 10, 2013, 3:46 PM EDT
Brian Williams — he of NBC News fame — is a big fan of NHL play-by-play man Mike “Doc” Emrick.
But over the course of the 113-day lockout, Williams realized he and other Doc fans weren’t able to hear the U.S. Hockey Hall of Famer as much as they would’ve liked.
So, what to do?
If you’re the lead anchor of a national news program, you ask Doc to do you a solid.
Because Doc hasn’t been heard as often these past few months, Brian asked if Doc would call a game to air on his show, Rock Center with Brian Williams.
Doc agreed and called a Girls 12U league game near his home in Troy, Michigan.
The St. Clair Shores Saints (away, red) took on the Troy Lady Sting (home, white and yellow) on Wednesday, December 12, 2012. Doc provided the call from the Troy Sports Center in Troy, Michigan.
Both teams play in the Girls 12U league. The Lady Sting won the game, 5-2.
Here’s a clip:
You can catch the entire segment on Rock Center, Thursday at 10 p.m. ET.
For channel and listing information, click here.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12