Jan 10, 2013, 3:46 PM EDT
Brian Williams — he of NBC News fame — is a big fan of NHL play-by-play man Mike “Doc” Emrick.
But over the course of the 113-day lockout, Williams realized he and other Doc fans weren’t able to hear the U.S. Hockey Hall of Famer as much as they would’ve liked.
So, what to do?
If you’re the lead anchor of a national news program, you ask Doc to do you a solid.
Because Doc hasn’t been heard as often these past few months, Brian asked if Doc would call a game to air on his show, Rock Center with Brian Williams.
Doc agreed and called a Girls 12U league game near his home in Troy, Michigan.
The St. Clair Shores Saints (away, red) took on the Troy Lady Sting (home, white and yellow) on Wednesday, December 12, 2012. Doc provided the call from the Troy Sports Center in Troy, Michigan.
Both teams play in the Girls 12U league. The Lady Sting won the game, 5-2.
Here’s a clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You can catch the entire segment on Rock Center, Thursday at 10 p.m. ET.
For channel and listing information, click here.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)