Jan 10, 2013, 3:46 PM EDT
Brian Williams — he of NBC News fame — is a big fan of NHL play-by-play man Mike “Doc” Emrick.
But over the course of the 113-day lockout, Williams realized he and other Doc fans weren’t able to hear the U.S. Hockey Hall of Famer as much as they would’ve liked.
So, what to do?
If you’re the lead anchor of a national news program, you ask Doc to do you a solid.
Because Doc hasn’t been heard as often these past few months, Brian asked if Doc would call a game to air on his show, Rock Center with Brian Williams.
Doc agreed and called a Girls 12U league game near his home in Troy, Michigan.
The St. Clair Shores Saints (away, red) took on the Troy Lady Sting (home, white and yellow) on Wednesday, December 12, 2012. Doc provided the call from the Troy Sports Center in Troy, Michigan.
Both teams play in the Girls 12U league. The Lady Sting won the game, 5-2.
Here’s a clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You can catch the entire segment on Rock Center, Thursday at 10 p.m. ET.
For channel and listing information, click here.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35