Jan 10, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Tyler Seguin has angrily denied a report claiming he left his apartment in “shambles” upon leaving Swiss club HC Biel.
“I was blown away with everything. I thought it was very unprofessional,” Seguin said, courtesy CSNNE. “I don’t want to talk about it too much, but everything [in the report] was 100 percent untrue.”
On Wednesday, Deadspin passed along a story from Swiss newspaper Blick, a tabloid publication claiming it spoke with the cleaning company hired to clean up Seguin’s apartment.
The translation of said story went like this:
“The parquet floor was littered with coins worth 220 francs [$238],” Blick reported.
Coca-cola bottles, garbage and dirty linen lay scattered across the floor, while rotten bananas were left on a table, the newspaper said.
The bathroom was a shambles and the cleaning company spent a full day tidying the apartment.
In December, when Seguin returned to America, the staff were met with a similar stiff challenge.
Blick said the hockey player was “not versed in appliances” and as a result tried to wash his clothes in the dryer.
“He also did not know how to operate the dishwasher . . . when he ran out of clean plates, glasses and cutlery, he bought plastic tableware.”
Seguin first responded to the report via Twitter:
All this house stuff is a bunch of crap. I do my laundry by myself quite often maybe I’ve called my mom twice about it #whohasnt
— Tyler Seguin (@tylerseguin92) January 9, 2013
Then spoke with a group of reporters today, explaining that:
1) He washed all his clothes at Biel teammate Patrick Kane‘s apartment
2) He took everything with him when he returned to America
3) There might’ve been some sour grapes because he got a cleaning service in his contract — something most Swiss league players don’t get.
“Maybe they went after me because I was one of the only guys on the team that asked for a cleaning service,” Seguin wondered. “But that’s something that I’ve always had and I didn’t think asking for it was a big deal.”
On the bright side, Seguin didn’t appear to have any issues with his alarm clock while in Switzerland. Progress!
Mar 11, 2014, 2:26 AM EDT
It was mostly a night of disappointments
Mar 11, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
“We need to be men.”
Mar 11, 2014, 12:39 AM EDT
It just keeps getting worse.
Mar 11, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
It’s an MCL injury, according to Patrick Roy.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
It’s also his first point since Jan. 10.
Mar 10, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
At least they have Ales Hemsky.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
The Stars say he’ll undergo extensive testing.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Washington carried much of the play.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
Both teams have games on Tuesday.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Lindy Ruff says he’s OK.
Mar 10, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Mar 10, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
He was last seen at practice in Saginaw, Mich.
Mar 10, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
Nathan MacKinnon slides into his center spot vs. Winnipeg.
Mar 10, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
Canucks GM pens letter to ticket holders.
Mar 10, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
Click for a video explanation.
Mar 10, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 10, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
Dallas seems to be a good fit for the 22-year-old former Bruin.
Mar 10, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
“We have to keep scoring goals. We have to keep playing this way,” said Adam Henrique.
Mar 10, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
He meant he doesn’t want to be traded.
Mar 10, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
Fire up the comments section!
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)