Jan 10, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
Boston Bruins forward Tyler Seguin has angrily denied a report claiming he left his apartment in “shambles” upon leaving Swiss club HC Biel.
“I was blown away with everything. I thought it was very unprofessional,” Seguin said, courtesy CSNNE. “I don’t want to talk about it too much, but everything [in the report] was 100 percent untrue.”
On Wednesday, Deadspin passed along a story from Swiss newspaper Blick, a tabloid publication claiming it spoke with the cleaning company hired to clean up Seguin’s apartment.
The translation of said story went like this:
“The parquet floor was littered with coins worth 220 francs [$238],” Blick reported.
Coca-cola bottles, garbage and dirty linen lay scattered across the floor, while rotten bananas were left on a table, the newspaper said.
The bathroom was a shambles and the cleaning company spent a full day tidying the apartment.
In December, when Seguin returned to America, the staff were met with a similar stiff challenge.
Blick said the hockey player was “not versed in appliances” and as a result tried to wash his clothes in the dryer.
“He also did not know how to operate the dishwasher . . . when he ran out of clean plates, glasses and cutlery, he bought plastic tableware.”
Seguin first responded to the report via Twitter:
All this house stuff is a bunch of crap. I do my laundry by myself quite often maybe I’ve called my mom twice about it #whohasnt
— Tyler Seguin (@tylerseguin92) January 9, 2013
Then spoke with a group of reporters today, explaining that:
1) He washed all his clothes at Biel teammate Patrick Kane‘s apartment
2) He took everything with him when he returned to America
3) There might’ve been some sour grapes because he got a cleaning service in his contract — something most Swiss league players don’t get.
“Maybe they went after me because I was one of the only guys on the team that asked for a cleaning service,” Seguin wondered. “But that’s something that I’ve always had and I didn’t think asking for it was a big deal.”
On the bright side, Seguin didn’t appear to have any issues with his alarm clock while in Switzerland. Progress!
Dec 12, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
Couple of beauties.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
Taking positives, despite result.
Dec 11, 2013, 11:27 PM EST
Interesting comment to make.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EST
Turned for the Flyers in second period, got worse from there.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
That was fast.
Dec 11, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Not a big deal to him, though.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Rivalry Night starts with a bang.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:07 PM EST
“I’m sure it’s going to be up there. It’s going to be steep.”
Dec 11, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Tampa Bay-Washington game.
Dec 11, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
“I’m not too worried about someone coming after me.”
Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
Physical defenseman was 10th overall pick in his draft class.
Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Carolina-Edmonton game.
Dec 11, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Only five others have done it before.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Petr Mrazek called up from the AHL.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
It wasn’t plywood. Come on, people.
Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
Injury is “coming along slower than we anticipated,” according to coach Noel.
Dec 11, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
“This is not a full body check in which contact to the head was unavoidable,” ruled Brendan Shanahan.
Dec 11, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
Chicago is once again leading the NHL in attendance.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 17
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 43
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)