Jan 10, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec is back in Winnipeg to prepare for the season, but he had questions to answer to the local media. No, it wasn’t about his play abroad, but rather about the DUI he picked up while in Europe.
Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press got the details from the Jets netminder on how foolish he was for driving under the influence.
“It was stupid, that’s for sure,” Pavelec said. “I just went out, took a cab to get home and get some sleep. I couldn’t sleep so I went to get something to eat, jumped in the car and the accident happened.”
Stupid is right. We won’t even give him half-credit for using a cab to get home in the first place.
Considering the big contract he signed with Winnipeg in the offseason, he could’ve done a lot of damage to himself and others driving drunk. As it was, he didn’t hurt anyone else and caused around $5,000 damage. That on top of the embarrassment of getting booked should be enough to keep him in a taxi from now on.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)