Jan 10, 2013, 12:18 AM EST
Ondrej Pavelec is back in Winnipeg to prepare for the season, but he had questions to answer to the local media. No, it wasn’t about his play abroad, but rather about the DUI he picked up while in Europe.
Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press got the details from the Jets netminder on how foolish he was for driving under the influence.
“It was stupid, that’s for sure,” Pavelec said. “I just went out, took a cab to get home and get some sleep. I couldn’t sleep so I went to get something to eat, jumped in the car and the accident happened.”
Stupid is right. We won’t even give him half-credit for using a cab to get home in the first place.
Considering the big contract he signed with Winnipeg in the offseason, he could’ve done a lot of damage to himself and others driving drunk. As it was, he didn’t hurt anyone else and caused around $5,000 damage. That on top of the embarrassment of getting booked should be enough to keep him in a taxi from now on.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)