Jan 10, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec is back in Winnipeg to prepare for the season, but he had questions to answer to the local media. No, it wasn’t about his play abroad, but rather about the DUI he picked up while in Europe.
Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press got the details from the Jets netminder on how foolish he was for driving under the influence.
“It was stupid, that’s for sure,” Pavelec said. “I just went out, took a cab to get home and get some sleep. I couldn’t sleep so I went to get something to eat, jumped in the car and the accident happened.”
Stupid is right. We won’t even give him half-credit for using a cab to get home in the first place.
Considering the big contract he signed with Winnipeg in the offseason, he could’ve done a lot of damage to himself and others driving drunk. As it was, he didn’t hurt anyone else and caused around $5,000 damage. That on top of the embarrassment of getting booked should be enough to keep him in a taxi from now on.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)