Jan 10, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec is back in Winnipeg to prepare for the season, but he had questions to answer to the local media. No, it wasn’t about his play abroad, but rather about the DUI he picked up while in Europe.
Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press got the details from the Jets netminder on how foolish he was for driving under the influence.
“It was stupid, that’s for sure,” Pavelec said. “I just went out, took a cab to get home and get some sleep. I couldn’t sleep so I went to get something to eat, jumped in the car and the accident happened.”
Stupid is right. We won’t even give him half-credit for using a cab to get home in the first place.
Considering the big contract he signed with Winnipeg in the offseason, he could’ve done a lot of damage to himself and others driving drunk. As it was, he didn’t hurt anyone else and caused around $5,000 damage. That on top of the embarrassment of getting booked should be enough to keep him in a taxi from now on.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)