Jan 10, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec is back in Winnipeg to prepare for the season, but he had questions to answer to the local media. No, it wasn’t about his play abroad, but rather about the DUI he picked up while in Europe.
Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press got the details from the Jets netminder on how foolish he was for driving under the influence.
“It was stupid, that’s for sure,” Pavelec said. “I just went out, took a cab to get home and get some sleep. I couldn’t sleep so I went to get something to eat, jumped in the car and the accident happened.”
Stupid is right. We won’t even give him half-credit for using a cab to get home in the first place.
Considering the big contract he signed with Winnipeg in the offseason, he could’ve done a lot of damage to himself and others driving drunk. As it was, he didn’t hurt anyone else and caused around $5,000 damage. That on top of the embarrassment of getting booked should be enough to keep him in a taxi from now on.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)