Jan 10, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Two NHL clubs have begun offering fans incentives to return post-lockout.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are offering a number of discounts through the team website — here’s more, from Josh Yohe of the Tribune-Review:
Fans will receive vouchers for free concession items and have the ability to purchase merchandise for 50 percent off during the team‘s first four home games, the Penguins announced on their website.
It was also announced that the Penguins will be giving away prizes to fans in contests held on the team‘s website during the next week.
The Penguins also said they’ll allow fans to watch training camp practices at Consol Energy Center free of charge.
Another club, the Tampa Bay Lightning, put together a limited-time offer, selling 200 season ticket packages for $200.
Yeah, that’s right — 200 bucks.
Here’s more, from the team website:
The Tampa Bay Lightning are welcoming fans back to the rink and thanking them for their support by offering a $200 season ticket in the GTE Terrace Level as the team returns to ice. The special season ticket membership will go on sale today, January 9 and run while supplies last.
At just $200, becoming a Lightning Season Ticket Member has never been more affordable. Those who invest in these special memberships will also receive a $25 gift card to Tampa Bay Sports, the team’s official merchandise store inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
I have to say, that deal is outrageous. Not only do you get to watch Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier et al. 24 times, you also get 24 opportunities to see Guy Boucher’s death stare:
Apr 24, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh and Ottawa need to win to survive.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
The odds of him playing were initially “50-50.”
Apr 24, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
That tied Game 5 between Pittsburgh and the Rangers at 1-1.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
He won’t return tonight.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
is that the start of a breakout for him?
Apr 24, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
He had a strong season offensively.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT
The Canadiens goaltender looks like the heavy favorite.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
His departure in Game 4 was cited as a turning point.
Apr 24, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
“Lots of possibilities have been thrown out about an arena for the last decade and none of them have materialized.”
Apr 24, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
After allowing four goals in a Game 5 loss to Nashville.
Apr 24, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
“In this business, you can’t be afraid to make trades.”
Apr 24, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Much like he did at the end of last year.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Game 6 goes tomorrow in Chicago.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Currently coaching Ottawa’s AHL affiliate in Binghamton.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
Commish liked the chant to calling goalies “sieves”.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Apparently, according to a report out of Austria.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:23 PM EDT
So no Derrick Pouliot, and no Beau Bennett.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:56 PM EDT
Ottawa trails three games to one, but is coming off a big win.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Sharks reportedly have permission to speak with the former coach of the Leafs and Ducks.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Jets d-man will undergo surgery.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 30
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)