Jan 10, 2013, 1:21 PM EST
Two NHL clubs have begun offering fans incentives to return post-lockout.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are offering a number of discounts through the team website — here’s more, from Josh Yohe of the Tribune-Review:
Fans will receive vouchers for free concession items and have the ability to purchase merchandise for 50 percent off during the team‘s first four home games, the Penguins announced on their website.
It was also announced that the Penguins will be giving away prizes to fans in contests held on the team‘s website during the next week.
The Penguins also said they’ll allow fans to watch training camp practices at Consol Energy Center free of charge.
Another club, the Tampa Bay Lightning, put together a limited-time offer, selling 200 season ticket packages for $200.
Yeah, that’s right — 200 bucks.
Here’s more, from the team website:
The Tampa Bay Lightning are welcoming fans back to the rink and thanking them for their support by offering a $200 season ticket in the GTE Terrace Level as the team returns to ice. The special season ticket membership will go on sale today, January 9 and run while supplies last.
At just $200, becoming a Lightning Season Ticket Member has never been more affordable. Those who invest in these special memberships will also receive a $25 gift card to Tampa Bay Sports, the team’s official merchandise store inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
I have to say, that deal is outrageous. Not only do you get to watch Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier et al. 24 times, you also get 24 opportunities to see Guy Boucher’s death stare:
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 4
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 12
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 25
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)