Jan 10, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Two NHL clubs have begun offering fans incentives to return post-lockout.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are offering a number of discounts through the team website — here’s more, from Josh Yohe of the Tribune-Review:
Fans will receive vouchers for free concession items and have the ability to purchase merchandise for 50 percent off during the team‘s first four home games, the Penguins announced on their website.
It was also announced that the Penguins will be giving away prizes to fans in contests held on the team‘s website during the next week.
The Penguins also said they’ll allow fans to watch training camp practices at Consol Energy Center free of charge.
Another club, the Tampa Bay Lightning, put together a limited-time offer, selling 200 season ticket packages for $200.
Yeah, that’s right — 200 bucks.
Here’s more, from the team website:
The Tampa Bay Lightning are welcoming fans back to the rink and thanking them for their support by offering a $200 season ticket in the GTE Terrace Level as the team returns to ice. The special season ticket membership will go on sale today, January 9 and run while supplies last.
At just $200, becoming a Lightning Season Ticket Member has never been more affordable. Those who invest in these special memberships will also receive a $25 gift card to Tampa Bay Sports, the team’s official merchandise store inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
I have to say, that deal is outrageous. Not only do you get to watch Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier et al. 24 times, you also get 24 opportunities to see Guy Boucher’s death stare:
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)