Jan 10, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
Two NHL clubs have begun offering fans incentives to return post-lockout.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are offering a number of discounts through the team website — here’s more, from Josh Yohe of the Tribune-Review:
Fans will receive vouchers for free concession items and have the ability to purchase merchandise for 50 percent off during the team‘s first four home games, the Penguins announced on their website.
It was also announced that the Penguins will be giving away prizes to fans in contests held on the team‘s website during the next week.
The Penguins also said they’ll allow fans to watch training camp practices at Consol Energy Center free of charge.
Another club, the Tampa Bay Lightning, put together a limited-time offer, selling 200 season ticket packages for $200.
Yeah, that’s right — 200 bucks.
Here’s more, from the team website:
The Tampa Bay Lightning are welcoming fans back to the rink and thanking them for their support by offering a $200 season ticket in the GTE Terrace Level as the team returns to ice. The special season ticket membership will go on sale today, January 9 and run while supplies last.
At just $200, becoming a Lightning Season Ticket Member has never been more affordable. Those who invest in these special memberships will also receive a $25 gift card to Tampa Bay Sports, the team’s official merchandise store inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
I have to say, that deal is outrageous. Not only do you get to watch Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier et al. 24 times, you also get 24 opportunities to see Guy Boucher’s death stare:
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)