Jan 10, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Another team has offered up fan incentives to make amends for the lockout — and once again, PHT is impressed.
(And slightly jealous.)
The Nashville Predators have unveiled their “Friends & Family Special” for the opening two home games of the regular season, a promotion that will likely draw a lot of attention.
The deal works like this:
– Buy a ticket to Nashville’s opening-night game
– Get a free ticket to Nashville’s next home game
– Get 50 percent off all soda and certain domestic draft beer for both games
– Get $1 hotdogs during the second game
There’s also the chance to win a new Nissan Sentra, merchandise giveaways and a pre-game party prior to the home opener.
Earlier, we passed along mention of two other teams — Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay — offering up fan incentives for this abbreviated season, which included a pretty good promotion from the Lightning, who were selling a limited number of season tickets for $200.
This Nashville deal is almost as good. You get two tickets for the price of one, with both games featuring half-price beer, and hotdogs at the second game cost one dollar.
The $1 hotdogs will get you every time. Even the staunchest lockout griper loses some edge over the prospect of dollar dogs. It’s like “Man, these guys are just a bunch of greedy bas…Oh man, sauerkraut, yes, absolutely.”
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 0
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 3
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 10
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 19
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 31
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 87
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 100
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)