Jan 10, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Another team has offered up fan incentives to make amends for the lockout — and once again, PHT is impressed.
(And slightly jealous.)
The Nashville Predators have unveiled their “Friends & Family Special” for the opening two home games of the regular season, a promotion that will likely draw a lot of attention.
The deal works like this:
— Buy a ticket to Nashville’s opening-night game
— Get a free ticket to Nashville’s next home game
— Get 50 percent off all soda and certain domestic draft beer for both games
— Get $1 hotdogs during the second game
There’s also the chance to win a new Nissan Sentra, merchandise giveaways and a pre-game party prior to the home opener.
Earlier, we passed along mention of two other teams — Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay — offering up fan incentives for this abbreviated season, which included a pretty good promotion from the Lightning, who were selling a limited number of season tickets for $200.
This Nashville deal is almost as good. You get two tickets for the price of one, with both games featuring half-price beer, and hotdogs at the second game cost one dollar.
The $1 hotdogs will get you every time. Even the staunchest lockout griper loses some edge over the prospect of dollar dogs. It’s like “Man, these guys are just a bunch of greedy bas…Oh man, sauerkraut, yes, absolutely.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5