Jan 10, 2013, 4:59 PM EST
Another team has offered up fan incentives to make amends for the lockout — and once again, PHT is impressed.
(And slightly jealous.)
The Nashville Predators have unveiled their “Friends & Family Special” for the opening two home games of the regular season, a promotion that will likely draw a lot of attention.
The deal works like this:
— Buy a ticket to Nashville’s opening-night game
— Get a free ticket to Nashville’s next home game
— Get 50 percent off all soda and certain domestic draft beer for both games
— Get $1 hotdogs during the second game
There’s also the chance to win a new Nissan Sentra, merchandise giveaways and a pre-game party prior to the home opener.
Earlier, we passed along mention of two other teams — Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay — offering up fan incentives for this abbreviated season, which included a pretty good promotion from the Lightning, who were selling a limited number of season tickets for $200.
This Nashville deal is almost as good. You get two tickets for the price of one, with both games featuring half-price beer, and hotdogs at the second game cost one dollar.
The $1 hotdogs will get you every time. Even the staunchest lockout griper loses some edge over the prospect of dollar dogs. It’s like “Man, these guys are just a bunch of greedy bas…Oh man, sauerkraut, yes, absolutely.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)