Jan 10, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Another team has offered up fan incentives to make amends for the lockout — and once again, PHT is impressed.
(And slightly jealous.)
The Nashville Predators have unveiled their “Friends & Family Special” for the opening two home games of the regular season, a promotion that will likely draw a lot of attention.
The deal works like this:
— Buy a ticket to Nashville’s opening-night game
— Get a free ticket to Nashville’s next home game
— Get 50 percent off all soda and certain domestic draft beer for both games
— Get $1 hotdogs during the second game
There’s also the chance to win a new Nissan Sentra, merchandise giveaways and a pre-game party prior to the home opener.
Earlier, we passed along mention of two other teams — Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay — offering up fan incentives for this abbreviated season, which included a pretty good promotion from the Lightning, who were selling a limited number of season tickets for $200.
This Nashville deal is almost as good. You get two tickets for the price of one, with both games featuring half-price beer, and hotdogs at the second game cost one dollar.
The $1 hotdogs will get you every time. Even the staunchest lockout griper loses some edge over the prospect of dollar dogs. It’s like “Man, these guys are just a bunch of greedy bas…Oh man, sauerkraut, yes, absolutely.”
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)