Jan 10, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Another team has offered up fan incentives to make amends for the lockout — and once again, PHT is impressed.
(And slightly jealous.)
The Nashville Predators have unveiled their “Friends & Family Special” for the opening two home games of the regular season, a promotion that will likely draw a lot of attention.
The deal works like this:
— Buy a ticket to Nashville’s opening-night game
— Get a free ticket to Nashville’s next home game
— Get 50 percent off all soda and certain domestic draft beer for both games
— Get $1 hotdogs during the second game
There’s also the chance to win a new Nissan Sentra, merchandise giveaways and a pre-game party prior to the home opener.
Earlier, we passed along mention of two other teams — Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay — offering up fan incentives for this abbreviated season, which included a pretty good promotion from the Lightning, who were selling a limited number of season tickets for $200.
This Nashville deal is almost as good. You get two tickets for the price of one, with both games featuring half-price beer, and hotdogs at the second game cost one dollar.
The $1 hotdogs will get you every time. Even the staunchest lockout griper loses some edge over the prospect of dollar dogs. It’s like “Man, these guys are just a bunch of greedy bas…Oh man, sauerkraut, yes, absolutely.”
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)