Jan 10, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Despite being the subject of numerous trade rumors, Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo is expected to be at Canucks training camp when it starts Sunday.
Vancouver’s assistant general manager Laurence Gilman confirmed as much Thursday on TEAM 1040 radio.
“Roberto is in Vancouver right now, and our expectation is that he’s going to be in camp,” said Gilman.
“He’s a member of our organization. He’s an important member of our organization and like every other player under contract to us, he’ll be in camp.”
As for when teams will be allowed to start conducting player transactions — be they trades or signing players to contracts — Gilman wasn’t certain.
“We don’t know yet,” he said. “We haven’t been told.”
The NHLPA will hold an electronic vote from Thursday at 8 p.m. ET to Saturday at 8 a.m. on whether to ratify the new CBA.
Gilman presumes the league will set a specific time and date for player transactions to begin once it’s received word from the union that the deal has been approved.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)