Jan 10, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Despite being the subject of numerous trade rumors, Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo is expected to be at Canucks training camp when it starts Sunday.
Vancouver’s assistant general manager Laurence Gilman confirmed as much Thursday on TEAM 1040 radio.
“Roberto is in Vancouver right now, and our expectation is that he’s going to be in camp,” said Gilman.
“He’s a member of our organization. He’s an important member of our organization and like every other player under contract to us, he’ll be in camp.”
As for when teams will be allowed to start conducting player transactions — be they trades or signing players to contracts — Gilman wasn’t certain.
“We don’t know yet,” he said. “We haven’t been told.”
The NHLPA will hold an electronic vote from Thursday at 8 p.m. ET to Saturday at 8 a.m. on whether to ratify the new CBA.
Gilman presumes the league will set a specific time and date for player transactions to begin once it’s received word from the union that the deal has been approved.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)