Jan 10, 2013, 4:57 PM EST
Despite being the subject of numerous trade rumors, Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo is expected to be at Canucks training camp when it starts Sunday.
Vancouver’s assistant general manager Laurence Gilman confirmed as much Thursday on TEAM 1040 radio.
“Roberto is in Vancouver right now, and our expectation is that he’s going to be in camp,” said Gilman.
“He’s a member of our organization. He’s an important member of our organization and like every other player under contract to us, he’ll be in camp.”
As for when teams will be allowed to start conducting player transactions — be they trades or signing players to contracts — Gilman wasn’t certain.
“We don’t know yet,” he said. “We haven’t been told.”
The NHLPA will hold an electronic vote from Thursday at 8 p.m. ET to Saturday at 8 a.m. on whether to ratify the new CBA.
Gilman presumes the league will set a specific time and date for player transactions to begin once it’s received word from the union that the deal has been approved.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)