Jan 10, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Despite being the subject of numerous trade rumors, Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo is expected to be at Canucks training camp when it starts Sunday.
Vancouver’s assistant general manager Laurence Gilman confirmed as much Thursday on TEAM 1040 radio.
“Roberto is in Vancouver right now, and our expectation is that he’s going to be in camp,” said Gilman.
“He’s a member of our organization. He’s an important member of our organization and like every other player under contract to us, he’ll be in camp.”
As for when teams will be allowed to start conducting player transactions — be they trades or signing players to contracts — Gilman wasn’t certain.
“We don’t know yet,” he said. “We haven’t been told.”
The NHLPA will hold an electronic vote from Thursday at 8 p.m. ET to Saturday at 8 a.m. on whether to ratify the new CBA.
Gilman presumes the league will set a specific time and date for player transactions to begin once it’s received word from the union that the deal has been approved.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires