Jan 10, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Despite being the subject of numerous trade rumors, Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo is expected to be at Canucks training camp when it starts Sunday.
Vancouver’s assistant general manager Laurence Gilman confirmed as much Thursday on TEAM 1040 radio.
“Roberto is in Vancouver right now, and our expectation is that he’s going to be in camp,” said Gilman.
“He’s a member of our organization. He’s an important member of our organization and like every other player under contract to us, he’ll be in camp.”
As for when teams will be allowed to start conducting player transactions — be they trades or signing players to contracts — Gilman wasn’t certain.
“We don’t know yet,” he said. “We haven’t been told.”
The NHLPA will hold an electronic vote from Thursday at 8 p.m. ET to Saturday at 8 a.m. on whether to ratify the new CBA.
Gilman presumes the league will set a specific time and date for player transactions to begin once it’s received word from the union that the deal has been approved.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)