Jan 10, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
One guy who is disappointed in what the lockout did to the NHL is Bobby Orr.
The legendary Bruins defenseman spoke to Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com about his feelings on the nearly four-month long work stoppage and he believes no one comes out on top in a situation like this.
“How do you pick winners in something like this? You can’t pick any winners and losers in something like this. Everybody lost.” Orr said.
“Now you just hope that the players get back to work and they play hard. I’m sure they will because it’s going to be a short season. If you get off to a bad start then you’re in trouble. It should be really good hockey.”
Orr said he wished a settlement happened sooner and that a lockout hurts more than the players and owners. All along through the work stoppage he’s been critical of both sides and said it would be “outrageous not to have a season.”
Hey maybe Bobby Orr isn’t just the greatest player of all time, maybe he’s the most sensible agent as well.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 1
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 29
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 14
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 76
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)